Chapter 20

RYUJIN

I've always had trouble waking up. I've never liked the thought of waking up with your mind still in the dreamland.

But it wasn't the case today.

I woke up and realized I was next to Yeji. It made me smile so I pulled her closer to me. Luckily, she was still asleep even with the slight movement.

It was too much for my heart to handle considering that our naked bodies were in contact with one another and that the only thing that was covering it was a comforter. 

Last night was amazing. It will remain a memory I could never forget. 

It's Monday. So we both have work.

Getting Yeji to wake up can be one of the most difficult tasks in the world. Or maybe I was just so captivated with her sleeping face that I didn't want to wake her up.

"Hmm?" She hummed with her morning voice.

It was my first time hearing it since it was also my first time waking up next to her.

"It's Monday. Let's get up and have breakfast." I said.

Since we were still hugging each other, I slowly caressed her back with my thumb. "Hey."

"5 minutes." She pleaded.

I giggled. "Okay."

The thought of our feets tangled up together and having Yeji next to me was such a dream. I hugged her tighter, not letting any distance present between us.

After 5 minutes, I kissed her forehead.

Endearment in relationships was never my thing. I prefered being called and calling my partner with our first names.

But, Yeji calling me baby made me feel things I cannot put into words.

Maybe trying something new for me wouldn't be bad. Maybe endearments can be great too.

"Baby." I called. "We have work today."

"I want to cuddle with you all day." She said and hugged me. Not wanting to get out of her bed.

"You should take a bath. I'll prepare us breakfast." I said and kissed her cheeks. "Are you going to work early?"

"Yeah. I have seminars to attend to." She said in a lazy manner.

"Let's start preparing ourselves then."

I was the first one to get out from her bed leaving her there still lying comfortably.

Since I wasn't wearing anything, I had to pick up my clothes scattered around the floor.

"We're quite messy." I said. "No, actually, you."

She giggled.

Yeji was the one who removed my clothes and scattered it everywhere.

Perhaps, we're both eager last night.

"Desperate times calls for desperate measures." Yeji said and got up. She was still on her bed though. With the comforter covering her body. 

And oh I know how it looked like.

I started putting on my clothes with Yeji's eyes not leaving me. "Why are you staring?"

"Nothing." She said and smiled. She slowly approached me and sat on the edge on her bed. "The memories from last night was just so unbelievable."

"Silly." I told her and patted her head. "Take a bath already and I'll prepare breakfast. I need to leave by 10, baby."

"What time is it?"