Chapter 46

RYUJIN

Friday. 

The things I had deal with was the remaining debt that we haven't paid at the province and I took care of it all. 

I really want to settle everything first before dealing with whatever it has to do with Yeji. 

Because to be completely honest, I'm not sure what's ahead if we fixed our issues. Are we going to get back together? Coward as it may seems, but her father is the worst. With the words he said to me from the past years, I became scared and it actually affected how I view my willingness to hold onto Yeji. 

I still want her. But the idea of her became someone I will never reach. 

I had to travel all the way to our province to deal with our remaining debts for four days after my conversation with Yeji. We haven't been in touch since then. However, she allowed me to stay in the apartment we used to live in together. Yet, she does not come here. She's said she's already staying at her parent's place, which I didn't comment much about. It would be too much, right? 

In fact, I want her to stay but I didn't even had the guts to ask her since I believed it would be too much to ask for.

While I was staring blankly at the living room, I suddenly received a call from Chaeryeong. 

I'd been in good terms with Chaeryeong for a while now. She was the first person to whom I explained everything with, and she accompanied me to our province last Monday. But later returned home at night, as she had plans with Lia that evening. 

When I told her about what happened, she said I was dumb for keeping it all by myself. 

Yet, she understands. It was my decision after all. But it was still not a good move to left them hanging, worrying about me which I completely get where it's coming from.

"Hey." I greeted as I answered the call. 

"What's up? Is the debt settled already?"

"Yup." I answered. "I'm here at the place I used to live in with Yeji."

"With Yuna?"

"No." I uttered. "She has a job interview at the province."

"Oh, so she decided to settle there?" 

"I think so. Maybe." I answered. "She's not really a fan of staying in Seoul."

"You are?"

"I already have a life here." 

"Correction. You used to have a life here."

"That's why I'm building it again." I said and giggled. "Do you want to come over? Or you have a date?"

"Lia's with Yeji." Chaeryeong said. "You didn't know?"

"We haven't been in contact since the last time we talked, Ryeong."

"God, when I said you should take things step by step I mean it, but not this slow. You should step up your game." She was frustrated but I just laughed it off. "Yeji is attractive, no wonder a lot of people admires her."

"What are you pertaining?"

"You know what I'm talking about. The man is courting him."

She was talking about Woohyun. 

"I don't care about that guy." I replied. "I want to respect Yeji and my boundaries with her."

"Okay okay, I understand."

"So, are you going here?"

"Yes. In 10 minutes."

"Okay. See you, Ryeong." I said and we ended the call.