Chapter 12

RYUJIN

"Careful!" I shouted. 

"The other car was at fault!" Yeji countered. 

"You should be defensive when you're driving." I told Yeji. "We almost hit someone on a bicycle last week."

"Not my fault. They're on my lane."

"You'll still lose. You're a four wheel car while they're just two wheel."

We're currently on the road, in my car, with Yeji driving and me directing her from the passenger seat. We started driving lessons just a few weeks ago and we agreed to do it every Sunday.

"Okay, okay." She said. "Do we turn right here?"

"Yes." I told her and pointed the road where we should turn right. "Don't forget to stop at the red light."

"Driving is so hard." She said when she stopped the car because the traffic light is already red.

"Teaching too." I replied and she glared at me. "This is not for free." I joked.

"I know." She replied. "Save your coupon or whatever you call that."

"I can use it anytime."

"Whatever you say." She rolled her eyes and I chuckled.

In a few minutes, we already arrived at our place.

"I don't know how to park." Yeji said.

"Let's exchange seats." I told her.

So we both got down from the car and exchanged seats.

"How do you park?" She asked.

"You just need to know and estimate the distance between the cars beside your space." I responded and started parking the car in reverse. "You should always look at the side mirror. It'll guide you." I told her and slowly parked the car so she can follow my instructions. "And there. Parked."

"I feel like it's hard."

"You'll get it eventually, don't worry. We'll get there." I said and turned off the engine of my car. "Let's go inside. I'm hungry." I told her.

"Thanks, teacher." She joked when we both got out of the car.

"You're welcome, student." I told her and patted her on the head, which kinda messed up her hair. Although she's few inches taller than me, I love to do this thing on her. 

"My hair." She complained.

"Sorry." I said and giggled. "So how's the third session of driving class?"

"My teacher is so strict."

"Oh really?" I countered. "Maybe because her student is so stubborn and feels like the road is hers."

"The student is learning." She uttered and pouted.

"I'll cook for the student then."

"Alright!" She exclaimed as if she won a lottery and it made me giggle.

"But, on a serious note, did you enjoy driving?" I asked.

"Not so much yet but it can be pretty fun."

"Not so much?" I asked in disbelief. She's honestly all smiley and giddily when we were having our lessons earlier. "Liar. You enjoy it so much."

"That's not because of driving." She said.

"Then?"

"It's because you're the one teaching." She said before entering the building without even waiting for me.