Chapter 16

RYUJIN

"You like me?" She broke the hug and looked at me. But since our hands are still on each other's waist, we didn't completely break the hug. At the moment, we were just staring at one another.

And her eyes.

It makes me feel so many things that I can't put into words. It's like gazing up at the night sky and admiring the stars.

Yes. I see it in her eyes. 

And I can finally admit that this feeling is not just because of that night. It's because I like her.

"Yes." I said and gave her a smile. "I like you, Yeji." 

"Why are you suddenly confessing right now?" She asked, laughing. 

"It's because the girl I like doesn't want a push and pull relationship." I answered. 

"Must be hard liking her. Is it tiring?" Yeji asked. Playing along with me. "There's so many girls out there anyway." She said and I giggled. 

"Not really. What's the use? It's not her anyway." I answered. "And I'm kinda dumb. She must've thought I'm not worth liking for."

"Oh, does she like you though?" She replied and I gave her a surprised look. Is this girl teasing me?

"I don't know. Maybe?" I said. "She said she feels different things she can't explain-"

I wasn't able to continue what I'm saying since she blocked my lips with her index finger. I'm guessing it's because of embarrassment.

"Alright alright. I like you." She told me. 

I chuckled. "Can I hug you again?" I asked. 

She didn't respond. 

Instead, she hugged me. Tighter.

It lasted long. So long, as if we're craving for each other's embrace. Until I was the one who broke it. 

"It's weekend tomorrow." I told her. 

"Hmm." She hummed and nodded. 

"Want to go on a date with me?"

She giggled. "Are you officially asking me out or just a date?" 

"Date." I said. "Then, it's up to you if you really want to date me officially for you only."

"Okay." She said. "A date with the person I like. Hmm, sounds exciting. What should I wear?"

"I haven't planned anything yet actually." I told her. "I'll just surprise you."

"Sure." She said. "Let's go inside? It's getting colder."

"Is my hug not enough to surpass the coldness?" I joked. "Kidding. Okay, Ms. Hwang." I said and we finally broke from holding each other. 

When we're on our way to our room, I put my hands around her shoulder which she didn't really mind. 

As per Yeji's request, I made kimchi fried rice for our dinner. She once told me that it's already her favorite because the one I make is so tasty.

"How's your day?" I asked her when we finally settled and relaxed at the living room. We just finished eating our dinner and here we are talking.

"Tiring." She answered. "Dad let me go to seminars that I don't even understand."

I took her hand in mine and massaged it as we sat on the couch in our living room. She didn't pay any attention and allowed me to do it. "How was it with your dad?"

"Fine I guess." She answered and rested her head on the couch. "It's not really something I can call a decent daughter-father relationship but it's fine. Oh and we ate lunch together with mom."

"How's your relationship with your mom? You didn't mentioned it before. It's mostly about your dad." I replied.

"Good. But, we're not really close." She stated. "Though I don't consider her as someone on my side. They're just the same. My dad and my mom. I don't have anyone on my side in our home. I'm not even sure if I can call that home." She laughed. And I felt pain hearing it. 

"You have me now." I assured. 

She didn't respond and looked at me for long. 

"Well, if you'd allow me, I'll be your home too." I told her. 

"You're like asking me to be your girlfriend, you know." She said. 

"I mean-"

"I won't decline if ever though." She giggled. "You're really cute, Ryujin. But on a serious note, thank you." She said and gave me a smile "You? How was your day?"

"I was at Chaeryeong's. My best friend." I said. "And Yuna visited our place by the way. My younger sister."

"You have a younger sister?" She asked. Surprised with the information. "You should've told her to wait. I could've meet her."

"Meet my sister?"

"Yes." She said. "I mean, it's your sister."

I gave her a teasing smile. "I should make you my girlfriend first before I introduce you to my family."

She rolled her eyes. "Yeah. That's what I'm talking about. You're slow."

This girl. 

I glared at her. "Just wait."

"We should sleep." She told me. 

"Yup." I answered. 

Yeji was about to stand until I called her. 

"Yeji." I was a bit hesitant. 

Well, I am hesitant. I might be crossing the lines with what I'm going to ask. 

"Hmm?"

"Nothing." I just said. 

Is it wrong to ask for a goodnight kiss? Yes, right? Not on the lips, of course. But, I must be crazy. 

"Well, your nothing seems to mean something, you know." She said. "What is it?"

"Uh.. goodnight hug?" I said, scratching my head. 

I honestly wanted a goodnight kiss but it's like asking for too much. 

"You're really cute." She said. "Come here." She said and stood up. She also opened her arms, welcoming me for a hug. 

Which is something I didn't reject, of course. So I hugged her tight. 

She feels so warm. 

"You know," I said while we're still hugging each other. 

"Hmm?"

"You've got the characteristics of my favorite season." I told her and we both giggled. "So warm."

"Goodnight, Ryujin." She said. 

"Goodnight to my date for tomorrow." I replied. 

Until we both let go from each other's embrace.

And the next thing I knew was Yeji leaving a kiss on my cheek before rushing to her room and not looking back. 

As usual, leaving me speechless.