Chapter 48

RYUJIN

"You should wash up." I told Yeji while I was rinsing my hair with a small towel that was wrapped around my neck after using the bathroom and was dressed in a bathrobe.

Yeji, on the other hand was at the living room, waiting for me, not doing anything.

"Okay." She uttered and stood up.

"Do you have clothes?" I asked. "Or do you need something?"

"Ryujin." She called. "I also used to live here, you know?" She said and giggled.

By far, I think it was the most genuine one she gave me upon seeing each other after two years.

"Right." I uttered and gave her a smile too. A genuine one.

I entered my room, went to my closet and put on my pajamas.

When I got out of my room after changing my clothes, I noticed that Yeji was still in the bathroom. Right. She spends a lot of time when taking a bath.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the refrigerator, only to discover that it was empty with only drinks on it. I should probably go buy groceries tomorrow.

I decided to get the beer can from the refrigerator to drink it and later on heard the bathroom door opened, revealing Yeji in her pajamas.

Same with mine. 

It was our couple pajamas that we bought when we were still dating two years ago. 

Yeji chuckled noticing we were both wearing the same pajamas, so I laughed too, showing my whisker dimples.

"Didn't expect you'd wear it too." She said and placed her towel on the towel rack. 

"Should I change?" I asked as a joke. 

"No," She uttered. "We're cute."

I laughed at her words and walked into the living room, where I sat on the couch with Yeji shortly following.

"Do you have wine there?" Yeji asked.

"Sorry. There's only beer." I said. "Do you want?"

"I don't drink beers, Ryujin." She said and sat down beside me with no distance between us. 

"Right." I said and opened my drink and sip from it.

"Ryujin."

I turned my face to her and she leaned her head on my shoulders, placing a pillow on her lap. "Hmm?" I hummed. I honestly didn't know how to react but I didn't want to act dumb with a simple physical interaction. But what can I do? She's the one I like and she really makes me feel things.

"What else happened during those years?" She asked.

"Nothing much, Yeji." I answered and gave her a sad smile. 

Even though nothing much changed, there was an emotional damage deep inside me that was still broken and was afraid to whatever lies ahead of me. To whatever lies ahead of us. 

"Liar." She said and nudged me. "You already use those sticks that you never liked before."

I know she was talking about cigarettes. 

"It was my coping mechanism." I said. "When Yuna sleeps, I go outside of our place and drink beer, pairing it with a cigarette."

"Did it made you feel better?"

"No." I said. "But the thought of those two destroying my lungs and health was far more appealing than the pain I was suffering on the inside."

"Do you still use it?"