Chapter 42

2 years ago.

"Mr. Hwang?"

"I see you did not transfer."

Fuck this. Do I really have to deal with this man now?

"They considered our side, sir." I answered in a very polite yet pissed manner. "Unlike some people who seems to be bothered with personal issues."

I honestly don't know what I'm doing. Everything is just so heavy right now and this man will call out of nowhere just because I didn't fucking transfer.

Fuck everything.

"You know, I bought something." He said.

"Sir, sorry to say this, but I'm really not feeling well. I'll deal with-"

"There's a Shin on it."

"What?"

What the hell is he saying?

"Shins, to be exact."

My dad's.. small company? It's just a small business. Something that could support our family enough.

"And your father already signed it."

"What?" I was surprised. Why would my father trust this man? "He didn't even ask questions. As a businessman, I think your father isn't aware yet with how business works."

Fuck this man for saying non-sense words about my father.

"And looks like your father's business has been in a very bad condition now. Maybe that's why your father immediately signed contracts without even reading it." He laughed. Oh, God. I hate him. "Don't worry, it's in a good condition now. It's on me. The case is, what will your family do now? I don't think the money will even be enough with the expenses of your mother's death."

"Don't meddle with my family issues, Mr. Hwang."

"I already did." He laughed. "That's unfair for me because you already meddle with my family."

This is what I get for dating Yeji?

"I guess your father was eager for money, you know?"

I lost control with the last words.

"Insult me but don't just say such words about my family."

"I don't care with your family." He uttered. "Stop dating my daughter. You're making her life miserable. I don't care if you're a great Engineer. You're just nobody beside my daughter."

'You're just nobody beside my daughter.'

I am?

"You're just a dad who wants to control his daughter." I said, pissed. "I was with your daughter for months only but I bet I could give more of her favorites than you."

"You're fired, Shin."

"No need to tell me that. I'll resign myself."

"Really? I'll tell the guards you can't come here then. Just be there with your poor mother."

I am a woman raised by my parents to be respectful no matter what the age of the one I'm talking to is.

But this man will be an exception.

"Poor mother? What do you call yourself then? A father who uses his daughter for his own good?"

"You're fired. Don't ever come near to my daughter anymore."

Funny how this man uses 'my daughter' when he doesn't even treat my girl as one.

"Oh, scratch that. You won't even come since you're going to deal with your dead mother and your father who just signed a contract without even reading it." He was laughing. "Your family don't have money. All assets of the company will be mine. I bought everything. And please know that in the next months, you will be replaced. No one will even know you're gone in this company."