𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐋

Y/n and Karuto rushed towards the hospital where Souho was taken

Y/n and Karuto rushed towards the hospital where Souho was taken. He got hit by a truck after saving them from the truck. The two tried to chase the nurses that brought him on the bed as they ran towards the emergency room. They were told to stay outside until they get an affirmation that it is safe to go in.

"I don't think he'll survive..." Y/n sighed, clenching the can of sprite around her hands. "It's like the same thing with Hina all over again."

Karuto sat next to her, having a deep thought on what just happened. Souho just pushed him out of the truck, but it wasn't supposed to happen like that. "I don't get why he did that, he was supposed to live longer."

"If only you hadn't stood in front of a truck we wouldn't be like this." Y/n sniffled as she wiped her tears with her sleeves. "Why do all the people whom I've been close to always die in the end?"

"Do you know Camus?" Karuto glanced at Y/n. "The absurdity of life, where all relationships don't last forever and are bound to break. It can apply other than relationships though..."

Y/n adjusted her scarf. Karuto notices a small mark under her jaw and decides to ask her about it. "You did it with him?" He asked.

"What do you mean?" Y/n asked. Karuto pointed at the hickey under her jaw, she made a sound of realization. "Yeah, a week ago to be exact, this is a fresh one from yesterday."

Karuto was silent, he looked up to the ceiling as he chugged down his canned drink. "Not surprised." He murmured bitterly. The brown haired boy looked at Y/n. "Can I be honest with you for a while?"

"Go ahead."

Karuto inhaled and stared at Y/n with the most serious expression. "You're the worst." He replied.

Y/n chuckled. "I know."

"Don't chuckle at me Y/n!" Karuto raised his voice at her as she flinched. Y/n's eyes widened in shock, the fact that her childhood friend suddenly lashed out. "This is not the time to laugh around, it is true that you're the worst! You broke our promise in the first place and—"

At that moment Y/n had enough of his shit, she stood up, grabbed his collar and yanked him closer. "I know I'm the worst!" She yelled back with anger and pain lacing on her voice. "I know Karuto! I know!"

"I know..." Y/n's voice was cracking and she looked like she was about to break down at any moment. Her grip around Karuto's collar softened as she sobbed softly. "You really do love gaslighting me..."

"I should be saying that you're the worst Karuto..." It's no good, Y/n was shaking in anger. "If only you never left this wouldn't have happened..."

With tears streaming down on her face, Y/n shot her head up facing Karuto and yelled at his face. "I WISH I NEVER MET YOU!" She said between sobs. "I fucking wish you'd never entered my life in the first place, I regret everything that we did together as kids especially that stupid promise to the star song."