𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐄

"Stargazing?"

"Stargazing?"

"Mhmm." Y/n gently swings back and forth from the swing she was sitting on. Karuto stopped from swinging and tilted his head in confusion. "Hina's coming of course."

"I guess I can't say no to that, then." Karuto held on to the chains of the swing whilst glancing upwards to the dusk of twilight. Y/n puts her head low, facing her lap and then she places her head against the handle. There was a dead silence between them; Karuto knew it's quite a bad idea to leave him alone with Y/n.

Karuto doesn't know what to talk about around Y/n. She only talks about astronomy and all those space thingys that he couldn't understand. "So Y/n, what's your favorite star?" he asked.

"I like all stars."

"Oh." Karuto must have felt stupid for initiating a conversation between him and Y/n. He wished that he could have red an astronomy book so that he'll know what to talk about on the next time they're alone. "Do you like meteor showers?"

"Yeah, I look forward to them."

Karuto's currently having an existential crisis deciding a topic to break the silence. All of Y/n's answers seemed dry in such. He was closer with Hina but a little bit with Y/n when it comes to online games. That's it, online games it is.

But Y/n probably has limited knowledge when it comes to online games so Karuto decided not to talk about that. "Do you like anime?"

"Yes."

Then, what's next? Another awkward silence after an answer from Y/n. Karuto wanted to fall from the swing that he was sitting on. Despite of Y/n being quick witted in astronomy, Karuto happened to have a crush on her.

"I heard that stars explode when they collide with one another."

"It depends." Y/n started to kick her feet to the cement ground. "If the collision is slow it turns into a new blue star. In a fast pace they explode and turn into star bits."

"How much do you know-?"

"I sounded like a nerd though, a space nerd." Y/n groaned.

"No, don't be." Karuto looked at Y/n and smiled brightly. "I think it's admirable when you talk about space. Besides, what else do you know?"

And so Y/n ended up rambling things about space to Karuto. The latter nodded at every word she says even though he doesn't understand half of them. What stars made of and their temperature, he listened to it. Hina returned from buying food. "Hey! You two are getting closer!" she shouted.

"What cha got there, Hina?" Y/n asked.

"I bought fries!" Hina replied. Y/n stands up from the swing and went over to her younger sister, Karuto glanced at Y/n once again, and his cheeks grew warm at the girl. Y/n turned her head towards the brown haired boy and beckoned him to join over. "Oh hay, Karuto."