Chapter 15

RYUJIN

"So the case is, you haven't talked about that topic yet?" Chaeryeong told me. 

I told Chaeryeong everything about Yeji because I needed to vent. Who else is going to listen to me? I only have one best friend.

We're currently at her room, hanging out. It's actually been two weeks since Yeji's confession. And we didn't talked about it after that night. 

It wasn't awkward nor normal. Although we talk, it feels like there's a distance between us. It feels like there's an unfinished conversation between us. 

There is. And I don't know how are we going to talk about it. 

"She gave me a week but it's already been two weeks." I said.

"Do you know how are you going to answer her?"

"That.. no.. too." I replied scratching my head and rested my head at the sofa in her room. "I'm doomed."

"You still don't know?" She asked. 

"Yes." I uttered. "How am I supposed to know?"

"Do you like her?" 

I didn't answer.

"Did you like the kiss?"

I looked at her but still not replying an answer.

"What will you feel if she apologize?"

"I.." I started. "I don't want an apology. I don't know why but it feels like apology is not what I want."

"That alone answers all of your confusion, Ryujin." Chaeryeong said and threw a pillow to my face which I fortunately caught. 

"Huh?" 

"Accepting her apology means you're rejecting her." She explained. "Did you not get what she told you?"

"An apology means rejection. Turning down the apology means something more." She mumbled. "I can't believe you already had a relationship before and you're still dense with this thing."

"This is different." I told Chaeryeong.

"What makes it different from Jimin? Tell me then."

"She's straightforward." I said and looked at the ceiling thinking about how to answer Chaeryeong. "She doesn't want a push and pull kind of set up."

"Are you attracted to her?" She asked.

"Attraction can be felt to people. It's normal, Chaeryeong." I said "Being attracted to her doesn't mean I like her in any romantic way."

"Tell me about that attraction then."

"She has a beautiful eyes." I said. Yeji's eyes will be one of my favorites. 

"Okay. What more?"

"She likes sweets. It's my first time meeting someone who likes sweets that much but I find it cute." I answered. "Not to mention the fact that she always scratches her belly with eyes closed when she wakes up in the morning. It's adorable. And I'm not sure if she's aware of her cute mannerism that I noticed. She pouts slowly as though she doesn't want to lose the conversation when she speaks and wants to defend herself." 

Chaeryeong didn't speak so I continued.

"She is usually irritated by the cars on the road when we have our driving lessons every Sunday. She always screams like a frightened kitten that had her fish stolen. I always tell her to be patient since the road isn't hers, but I find it cute actually. When she's mad like that."