|17|

"Surely good deeds wipes out evil deeds."

Emir's Palace.
Kano, Nigeria.

They salaamed and entered into the dining chamber with hands entwined and a bright smile on their faces. Anyone could tell they are this happy newly wed couple.

They greeted the elders before settling on each of the royal dining chairs.

The breakfast all through was silent with only the clacking of cutleries against each other. All the family members were present and Sultan couldn't be more happier to see his family all together dining up.

Grandmother decided to break the silence by clearing her voice making all attention turned to her. She doesn't says much, but when she does, expect to hear something quite important or meaningful in some aspects negative or scary words.

"Aryan." She called out.

"Yes Grandmother." He answered in a bored tone without as much looking at her. He wasn't close and affectionate to his grandmother likewise his siblings.

She was never the type to play with her grandkids or draw them to her, always bossy with a straight face. The thing she's good at is shouting and barking orders at everyone, too strict for everyone's liking.

"I suppose your wife knows of the royal rules right? considering she wasn't born in a royal family. It must be difficult for her to know all of these things." She smirked making Aira to drop her spoon suddenly loosing her appetite. Aryan clenched his fists trying his utmost best not to bark at the woman.

"Grandmother! i suppose we're already over this now?my wife knows everything for Allah's sake!her mother is Mom's biological sister who happens to be a royal also. Can we please leave this for once and for all.?!" Aryan calmly gritted. This was one of the moments where he wished he was never born a royal.

"I need silence in the dining chamber!" Sultan ordered in his dominating voice. Nobody spoke after that until the breakfast was over.

"I really don't know why your grandmother has a thing for me baby." Aira said with a pout when they were in the confines of their room.

Aryan drew her to his body smoothening her hair with his thumb before kissing her on her lips.

"Don't mind her baby, we're leaving tonight." He smiled.

"Really? to where?!" She squealed.

"It's a surprise." He winked and she giggled placing her head on his chest.

Malik Residence.
Kano, Nigeria.

"Inyee! see this girl, are you doing iyayi for me?" Khalil teased making Ariana to blush.

"Please Ya Khalil! i'm not doing anything." She pouted wiping the plates she just finished washing with a clean small towel.

"Okay, but you sure know you must get married someday right?." He said helping with the plates.

"Ya Khalil please!!!!" She whined covering her face with her palms.

Khalil laughed. "It's okay to be shy sis. But In Sha Allah, i would ensure you fall into good hands. He wouldn't even dare to lay a finger on you or else, he will receive some punches from me. He will know never to mess with a soldier's sister again." He said making Ariana to burst out into a fits of laughter clutching her stomach.