|07|

CHAPTER 7

"Wish upon your brothers what you wish upon yourself"

Malik Residence.
Kano, Nigeria.
Fourteen days later!

"Baba what are you saying?" Alhaji Malik softly said.

"Yes you heard me right Malik. You killed Fatima! you tortured her to the extent she met with a heart disease which is now the reason she's not with us. By Allah, had it been i knew the condition my poor Fatima was in, we wouldn't have been here by now because the marriage would've been long separated between the two of you. How could you Malik? don't you have any heart in you? what has Fatima and her daughters ever done to you? why? you sure knows that you're literally responsible for her death right?" Alhaji Sadiq Daggash, late Fatima's father said.

"She loved you so much that she couldn't bear to see anyone paint you black! Hence kept everything she was going through hidden! why? just why? aren't you human? your children doesn't even know what a father's love is? why? By Allah i'v never seen a heartless person in my entire life like you Malik! Allah ya isa tsakanin mu da kai." Yakaka said barely holding the tears threatening to spill out of her eyes.

Hadn't been Ariana told them all about the couple's marriage life they wouldn't have known because Fatima was never the one to say anything talk more of talking ill of her husband and the reason she was able to hide what she was going through was because the parents lived in Maiduguri and her siblings were all married there. So they only meet once in a while.

"Allah is the one who never sleeps! wallahi Malik! i assure you will regret what you've done. Karma is real after all." Alhaji Sadiq calmly said even though his heart was aching.

"We aren't leaving the kids here with him. This heartless man will harm them." Yakaka spat with venom.

"I'm sorry Yakaka but you can't take my kids away at least not now." Alhaji Malik said making Yakaka to hung her mouth open. What does she wants people to say at him? That he couldn't take care of the kids his deceased wife left? That will be an insult to him!.

"Are you hearing what he's saying Alhaji? How dare you even?! You even have the audacity to open your mouth and talk?! weren't you the same person who couldn't wait for Fatima's death so you could send them to an orphanage huh?Now, tell me a solid reason why i won't take my grandkids with me?!" Yakaka seethed.

"It's okay Juwaireyyah. He's their father, he has more right over the kids than we have. So i will let them stay here for the mean time and i will be regularly checking up on my grandkids. But one condition though, if i hear or see my grandkids being maltreated by Allah i will take the kids away forever from you! You know i'm a man of my words."

"Grandpa! please take us with you wallahi i can't stay in this house. Yakaka please tell him." Ariana cried hugging her grandmother.

Alhaji Sadiq sat next to a crying Ariana before resting her body on his chest. "My baby, he's your father, he has more right over you than i have. But don't worry much i will be visiting more frequently In Sha Allah." He smiled wiping her tears to which she nodded and wiped her tears also.

And with a heavy heart and soul Ariana and her twin siblings watched as their grandparents left leaving them all alone.

Her thoughts were cut shut when Hajiya Nusaiba barged into the parlor.
"Welcome to a new life full of torture my dearies." She said with a sly smile etched on her face.

***
Emir's Palace.
Kano, Nigeria.

The dining was eerie quiet with only the sound of cutleries clacking againts each other. The king sat on the head chair with his wives by his side and his kids at the opposite side.

He cleared his throat gaining all their attention before speaking.
"Why is Aryan not here?" He asked directing his question to his first Queen

"I also have no idea my king." Sultana smiled softly at him.

"I would like to believe that he has a solid reason for him to break my rule."

"I promise to see what the matter is after dinner your highness." Sultana smiled taking his hands into hers to which he smiled at her and after dinner, Sultana left for Aryan's chamber.

"Wait for me here." Sultana ordered her maids when they reached Aryan's chamber and entered alone.

"Mom." He smiled and stood upon sighting her before engulfing her in a bear hug.

"Why weren't you present at the dinner Aryan?"

"I'm sorry Mom, i wasn't hungry."He said taking her hands in his before placing a kiss on it.

"Hm, or you were busy face timing Aira huh?" Sultana smiled making Aryan to scratch his hair smiling.

"But you do know it's a rule your father has made right?everyone must be present in the dining chamber."

"I'm sorry Mom, i really wasn't hungry much but i promise it wouldn't be repeated." He smiled.

"It's okay Son, so how is my Aira doing huh?" Sultana smiled making Aryan to smile.

"Mom your daughter in-law is perfectly fine Alhamdulilah she said something about visiting you tomorrow." Aryan smiled.

"Really Aryan?she just want to see you not me silly kids!" She smiled pulling out his ear making him to let out a small yelp.

"I will take my leave now. Goodnight and sleep tight." Sultana smiled and kissed his forehead before standing up.

He smiled and held her hand before they both exited the room. He kissed her goodnight when they reached the entrance of her chamber before returning to his.