|11|

"A strong believer is better and dearer to Allah than a weak one, and both are good."

Emir's Palace.
Kano, Nigeria.

The tension in the air was so thick that someone could use a knife to cut it with it. Sultan cleared his throat to clear out the tension that arose in the dining chamber.

What Grandmother; Sultan's mother said still echoing in everyone's ears, especially Aryan whose heart was beating wildly against its ribcage. He couldn't believe his so-called grandmother was hellbent on destroying his happiness!

"Yes i'm saying what's on my mind; Aryan my boy! listen to me it's one of the basis and rules of the royals that a crowned prince must not marry an ordinary person and you're the crowned prince of this kingdom! and it's a must for you to marry a royal not some ordinary rich brat." She said in her usual authoritative voice.

"We're already over this grandmother please! Aira is the one i love! she's the only one my heart desires. And as it is you've already given us your blessings. So what's the need for all these? now?!" Aryan stated exasperated.

"Listen Aryan! your mother was born a royal that was why she got the privilege of marrying your father!So i don't see any reason why you will marry from a non-royal family."
The other Queens smirked happily about the situation at hand while Sultana kept her eyes down toying with her spoon. Sultan noticed that and squeezed her hands in his smiling at her which made her to smile back.

"Aira is Mom's niece!and her mother is Mom's sister who happens to be also a royal! Aira also has a royal blood in her." Aryan tried to reason with his stubborn grandmother.

"That's from her mother's side not her father's! and the paternal side is more stronger than the maternal!" She whisper-yelled.

"Mother please!we're already over this matter,the wedding is set in a month so what was the need to bring all this back? You've already given your blessings, so let them be Mother." The Sultan said in his usually dominating voice.

"But—Mother please." She started but Sultan cut her off.

"Okay! since that's what you all want!May Allah bless the marriage." She briskly said and left the dining chamber with her maid trailing behind her like a puppy.

Malik Residence.
Kano, Nigeria.

Today which happens to be Monday, Ariana woke up with a bright face and did her usual routine. It was her first day in Ss3 of course she ought to be happy.

She got her siblings ready and prepared breakfast. She served the family on the dining while she and her siblings had theirs in the kitchen. She heard from Jiddah that Ya Khalil had travelled to Abuja.

Upon their arrival at school,The Ss3 students were all summoned to the principal's office. There, they shortlisted the promoted students and the repeated ones. Sadly, turns out Jiddah and her group were amongst the repeated members based on their poor performances.

Jiddah fumed and blazed like a tigress and still found a way to blame Ariana for that. She angrily stomped out of the office with her group trailing behind her. She needs to do something! She will never repeat while Ariana is promoted never! It's either she gets promoted also or Ariana repeats with her! It was one of the two.

"Ariana!i still doesn't know why Jiddah behaves as if you're not her sister seriously?!" Asma, Ariana's best friend said.

Ariana smiled softly hiding the pain in her face."I also don't know Asma! i have no idea what we've ever done to anyone of them."

"It's envy Ariana. It's nothing but plain envy. You're better than them in every aspect, Beauty, knowledge,intelligence and all!That's the main reason!but why won't you tell your father about it?"

Ariana smiled, If only she knows. "He isn't any different from them Asma. Can you please teach me this problem i'm lost." Ariana said trying to change the topic.

"Sure." Asma decided to play along.

"Yes Abbie!i'm sure she's the one who must have conspired against me and made me repeated the class!"Jiddah said shedding her crocodile tears.

"Na shiga uku na; heavens! So this is what you've turned into you bitch!" Hajiya Nusaiba seethed and furiously dragged Ariana by her hair.

"Mama. It hurts. Please let go of me!." Ariana winced in pain. Hajiya Nusaiba threw her on the ground and brought out a cane stick before starting to lash it on Ariana's poor body.

"And why would i leave you huh? You evil bastard! You made Jiddah to repeat right? You've called yourself for a war! Because this is just the beginning of your torture!" She gritted as she lashed out the stick on Ariana's body.

"Mama. Please stop. I have no idea. By Allah i wasn't the one." Ariana pleaded.

Alhaji Malik watched as his wife mercilessly lashed out the stick on his poor daughter until it broke leaving marks and blood on her body while Jiddah and Basma laughed heartlessly at Ariana.

Alhaji Malik watched as she slowly stood up sniffing and limped to her room. He still doesn't know why he feels somehow whenever he or his wife torture Ariana. Poor her, her body hasn't fully recovered from his beating and now she's gotten more from his wife.

What a life!

***
Ariana🥺🥺