|47|

Maiduguri, Nigeria.

Ariana salaamed as she enters the parlor where she met Yakaka and Grandpa conversing;Probably about her wedding. After all, it was only five days to the wedding.

"My girl is a real bridey, look at how she's been glowing and scenting heavenly." Yagumsu teased making Ariana to blush. That was when she noticed she was also in the parlor.

"Come here my girl." Yakaka gestured to which she smiled and sat beside her on the couch.

After some minutes Grandpa cleared his throat to start speaking. "Ariana my dear."

"Yes Grandpa."

"Your nikkah is in five days time In Sha Allah. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) says; in whatever we do in life, we should seek our parents blessings because it's the most important thing, without their blessings our life may not be going smoothly as we wants. Now my point here is that i want you to travel to Kano to your father and seek his blessings."

"No Grandpa!why would i go there? Have you all already forgotten what he said to Aryan's elders when they went to seek for my hand in marriage? Grandpa he said i'm not his daughter anymore that they should go look for me wherever i am! what type of a father is that Grandpa? Would he really do that if he had ever loved me or has my best interest in his heart huh?! If not Aryan's parents were understanding people they would've called this marriage off! After all who would want a girl who is unwanted by her father for their son?

"That man never cared to check up on us to know what condition we're in, he doesn't care if we ended up with no roof over our heads or food on our table. Islamically after you've taken our custody, he supposed to be sending our upkeep but has he ever done that? of course why would he do that when we were always left starving while in his house?! And how can i even forget the fact that, that man was responsible for my Mamy's death! He killed her Grandpa! He killed her!" Ariana ended breaking down in tears. Yakaka gathered her in her arms crying with her while Yagumsu patted her head also shedding a tear. Grandpa watched from where he was seated, his heart also tugging.

"It's alright my dear. Don't ruin your beautiful face with those tears okay?" Yagumsu smiled wiping Ariana's tears.

"Stop crying my dear, that man is not worth your tears okay?" Yakaka consoled her heart harbouring excessive hatred towards her ex son in law.

Grandpa gestured for Ariana to go to him and when she sat beside him, he caged her in his arms.
"Listen my dear, i know Malik wasn't a good father to you but he's still your father and nothing would ever change that fact. Allah will never be happy with you angry with your father. Allah commanded us to obey our parents no matter who they are, what they are or how they treats us.
So what i want you is to drop all the anger and hatred you have towards him and forgive him and In Sha Allah you will be blessed and Allah will be happy with you.

"Allah already decreed that your Mamy will die as a result of a heart pain whether inflicted by Malik or not, it was already written that she would die from it okay? I won't in anyway force you my dear, but if you really want to make this old man here happy, then i suggests you go see him." Grandpa chuckled.

Ariana hugged him tightly crying. "I love you so much Grandpa and i can do anything for your happiness." She chuckled amidst tears.

"I love you more my darling Amarya, and please stop wasting those precious tears okay?" He smiled pinching her cheeks to which she chuckled.

"In Sha Allah." She smiled.

"Ariana! Your furniture's have arrived from Turkey and are being delivered to your future home. We will be travelling to Kano tomorrow with Na'ima and Salaha to arrange and see to things." Aunt Halima also known as Halmeerah suddenly came into the parlor her head buried on her phone.

"Halima, irin wannan shigowa haka ba sallama?; why are you walking in without a salaam?" Grandpa stated in an amused expression with the fact that she thought Ariana was the only one present in the parlor.

"I'm sorry Baba, good evening." She greeted ducking her head in embarrassment whereas the occupants of the room laughed at her.

Emir's Palace.
Kano, Nigeria.

Gossip!.

The one business that rolls faster in the Palace. Everything happening within the Sultan's family is no secret because of one person; Mama Zainurah popularly known as Mama Zainu; The head of the kitchen/ female maids wards. Once Mama Zainu hears a thing about the royal family, she would add her own maggi, sauce, salt and even curry to the story and all the maids and guards would get to hear and in some cases even add to their own. And her sources were non other than the maids assigned to the Queens and Princesses.

Now, the gossip that rolls was about the crowned prince; Yarima Aryan's wedding.

"I heard that Yarima's bride is a shuwa!hmm! If only he knew how those people are! They marry you only to steal all away your properties and leave you with nothing. That's how they are! I know them." A maid said.

"Keee! Who told you she's shuwa? Hm! Mama Zainu said she's an Arab from Egypt." Another one chirped in.

"Have you all heard that Aida; the late Princess's sister and Yarima's cousin threatened to kill herself if Yarima doesn't marry her?" Another one chirped in.

"Really? Haaa!!! I must be the first person to deliver this hot gist to Mama Zainu, who knows whether i will get to be served two fish in today's dinner!" With that she ran to the kitchen direction where Mama Zainu was always seated barking orders at everyone.

"Huh? Sultana what are you saying?" Aida stuttered.

"Yes, The bride's Aunties are coming tomorrow to arrange her furniture's for her. What happened?" Sultana stated.

"Is he really getting married to her Sultana?" Aida whispered on the verge of tears.

"Oh Aida dear, we're already over this aren't we? You promised to move one didn't you?" Sultana sighed caressing her niece's hair.

"Oh yes, i'm sorry Sultana." She sniffed wiping her tears.

Sultana sighed and took Aida's hands before placing a kiss on it. "I really love you Aida you know that, i wanted you for Aryan but you know we plan and Allah plans. Hadn't been you told us Aida we would never object you marrying Aryan, we would've been the happiest parents. But as i said earlier; we plan and Allah plans and HE is the best of planners. I pray Allah bless you with a spouse who would love and cherish you more than how you've loved Aryan In Sha Allah. So, stop crying okay?" Sultana smiled kissing her forehead.

"In Sha Allah Sultana. Thank you so much and i love you." Aida smiled and hugged her.

"I love you more my baby." Sultana smiled.

"My Sultana can i ask you of a favour please?"

"Sure, anything for you my baby." Sultana smiled.

"Can i stay in the Palace until the wedding is over?"

"Sure why not Aida? But won't they be any problem from your father? For Hana'ah i know they isn't any."

"No Sultana! He wouldn't even notice my absence, after all he's always busy with work or with Ammi." She said with a pout.

Sultana laughed. "Silly girl. I will go to my room to get some rest. The Palace is already full with guests." Sultana murmured and left to her room covering a yawn that escaped her lips. She was really tired from receiving greetings from the guests that have arrived for the wedding.

Aida stood up and smirked when Sultana left before bursting into a fits of laughter.
"Aww my Aunt is such a nice and naive person! But this! Is the beginning of my game! Ya Aryan's bride! Here i come for you!" She sneered and grabbed her car keys before exiting the room.

💀😤