|43|

MAIDUGURI, NIGERIA.

Ariana glazed the last doughnut before arranging them in a plate. She took the coffee she made before exiting the kitchen humming to a song.

She stopped her song and salaamed as she entered the parlor which Grandpa and Yakaka were seated watching the news.

"My lovely Grandpa! Here are the glazed doughnuts and coffee you requested for." She smiled as she dropped the items on the center table and afterwards shifted the table closer to Grandpa.

"Thank you my lovely Ariana!" He smiled gesturing for her to go to him. She went and sat beside him snuggling into him while he pecked her forehead.

"See this girl! You want to snatch away my husband from me ko?" Yakaka playfully said.

"Oh, i'm sorry oldie!but Grandpa has long been snatched from you." Ariana said making both Yakaka and Grandpa to laugh.

"Silly girl." Yakaka smiled taking a bite of the doughnut.

Ariana sat beside Grandpa as he munch on his snack and watched the news while she chatted with Aryan smiling nonstop.

Aryan~ *You haven't send me your pictures today Mi cielito* (with a heart emoji)

Ariana~ *I'm so sorry Aryan, i was very busy the whole day. Law school is driving me crazy.* (with a pouting emoji)

Aryan~ *This law school is really giving my girl a hard time, but everything will soon be over In Sha Allah. Just focus more on your studies*

Ariana ~ *In Sha Allah. Thank you. I really do appreciate you as always* (with a pink emoji and a smiling face)

Aryan~ *Shush, I miss you mi cielito*

Ariana ~ (pouting emoji) *I missed you too Aryan, though you left yesterday* (a laughing emoji)

Aryan ~ *And so? I misses you with each and every passing second mi cielito*

Ariana ~ *Then come see me again!* (with a grinning emoji)

Aryan ~ *I would've loved to mi cielito but i have a lot of work! But i will make time for you In Sha Allah. I will also like to tell you something on my next visit*

Ariana~ *Yay! Can't wait! Allah ya kaimu* (with a grinning and dancing emoji)

Aryan ~ *Ameen mi cielito. I have to go now, My dad is requesting for me, i will call you later before you sleep okay?*

Ariana~ *Okay. Bye*

Aryan ~ *Bye, don't be a sleeping beauty and sleep without waiting for your prince* (winking emoji)

Ariana ~ *Okay my prince, i won't* (with a laughing emoji)

Ariana chuckled dropping the phone beside her and snuggled into Grandpa more setting her gaze back to the news.

"Where are Safaa and Marwa??" Grandpa asked.

"They're at Yagumsu's side watching horror movies as always." Ariana shrugged.

"Those three are something else." Yakaka chuckled. And just in, they heard a salam by the door and when the intruder came in, Ariana squealed and jumped on her toes before engulfing him in a hug.

"Ya Khalil!" She squealed but what she failed to notice was Khalil's sad face. He smiled and hugged her back before pulling away. That was when Ariana noticed the look on his face.

"What happened Ya Khalil?" She asked her heart beating eractically hoping not to hear a tragic news. Grandpa and Yakaka who also had been smiling since he came in, now looked at him with worried eyes.

What happened?.

EMIR'S PALACE.
KANO, NIGERIA .

Aryan salaamed and entered into Sultan's parlor where he met him and Sultana having a conversation .

"Barka da yamma." He greeted sitting opposite them on the carpet.

"How are you Aryan?" Sultan enquired.

"I'm fine Alhamdulilah Dad."

"As i told in our last conversation, i've asked my trustees to make some background checkup regarding your fiancée and i must say i'm impressed with the feedback i got. Both maternal and paternal side are good people." He concluded with a smile.

"Mashaa Allah." Aryan said with a smile.

"So when do we start the preparations?" Sultana asked with a smile.
"Though, I'm already done with the lefe (bridal gifts). They're all ready waiting to be delivered."

"Thank you Mom." He smiled.

"I will inform you regarding to when to start the wedding prep In Sha Allah." Aryan said. He needed to clear up a lot of things with Ariana. He still hasn't tell her about how he feels about her and his intention of marrying her.

"Okay Son, may you alway be blessed." Sultana prayed and he answered with 'Ameen' before bading them goodnight and left.

Aryan left back to his chamber only to met with a tensed and slightly angry Aida on the couch patiently waiting for him---not so patiently with the way she was tapping her foot on the carpeted floor. He wondered what brought her to the Palace at this late hour.

"Assalamu Alaikum." He cleared his throat making his way into the parlor. She stood up immediately she sighted him. That was when he noticed the tears in her eyes.

"Subhanallah, Aida?" He said and that did it, she broke down into tears and threw herself on his arms hugging him tightly. For the first time, Aryan didn't attempt to remove her from his body. He let her cry in his arms as he slowly patted her back.

"Shush, it's alright." He whispered into her ear.

"Tell me, what happened?" He said and led her to the couch after they broke from the hug.

Aida hiccuped wiping her tear stained face with her veil before looking at him.
"It's you Ya Aryan." She said with a pout.

Aryan raised a brow before letting out a small chuckle. "Me?"

"Yes Ya Aryan! Why are you doing this to me? Just why?" She said as more tears gushed down her eyes.

Now Aryan was completely confused at the whole scenario. He wondered what he did though.

"I care for you Ya Aryan! Very! But you don't care about me! Why Ya Aryan? I called you times without number but you refused to pick Ya Aryan why? You even travelled without telling me only to find out on my own is that fair?" She cried.

Now, this is serious. Aryan thought.

"Look Aida... i had to travel, it was very important and regarding your missed calls, i'm so sorry for not returning your call. It totally skipped my mind okay?now, please stop crying."

"It's okay Ya Aryan.. i can't stay angry at you after all, i'm just so hurt. I felt like some worthless being." She sniffed.

"Shush Aida! don't you ever call yourself worthless again okay? You're not worthless. You're precious. My precious little Aida.." He smiled in a bid to make her happy and that did it because she wiped her tears and let out a sound chuckle, the grin never leaving her face.