|06|

"Don't be sad , Allah is with you"
(9:40)

Malik Residence.
Kano, Nigeria.

"Mamy!" The three of them shrieked shaking her numb body.

"You guys should call Ya Khalil!." Ariana cried still shaking her numb mother.

"Mamy please wake up!"

Khalil and the twins returned back shortly and Khalil worriedly scooped his stepmother in his arms before heading to the car with the three of them trailing behind him. They all got in and zoomed off to the nearest hospital.

"Ya Khalil will she be fine?" Ariana cried pacing the cold tiles of the waiting hall.

"Keep calm my Ariana,nothing will happen to her In Sha Allah Mamy is a fighter." Khalil assured drawing her to his arms.

"In Sha Allah." Ariana whispered tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Doctor how is my mother doing?" Ariana asked as she sighted the doctor.

"We've managed to save her life but you need to be extra careful so as to not let her get into any kind of stress." The Doctor explained.

"Thank you Doctor! can we go see her now?" Khalil asked.

"Sure but keep in hush."

They met her lying on the hospital bed looking pale and fragile. Ariana teared up at the sight. This was all the result of the pain her father inflicted on her mother.

"Mamy." Ariana whispered moving closer to her mother.

"Shush she will be alright In Sha Allah." Khalil consoled also pitying his step mother's condition.

Two days later Hajiya Fatima was discharged from the hospital, neither Alhaji Malik nor Hajiya Nusaiba came to visit her. He only sent the hospital and medication bills.

"Mamy! dinner is ready!" Ariana smiled dropping a tray of food on the bedside.

"Thank you my baby. May Allah bless you and also bless you with children that will be the coolness of your eyes just like you are to me." Hajiya Fatima smiled caressing her her daughter's face.

"Amin Mamy na." Ariana smiled sheepishly ducking her head.

"Aye, my baby is shy? don't worry the time will soon come and i will send off my baby to another man's house." Hajiya Fatima smiled deep down knowing she might not be alive to witness the day.

"I can't leave your side Mamy! if you insist i must get married then the husband will have to follow me here." Ariana pouted making her mother and the twins to laugh at her.

"Toh may Allah allow us to witness the day in health and wealth my Ariana."Hajiya Fatima prayed and they all answered with an 'ameen'.

Hajiya Fatima ate a little portion of the food before taking her medicine.

"Ariana." She called and Ariana returned her full attention to her mother.

"From today onwards i want you all to be sleeping with me!i want to be feeling you all." Hajiya Fatima smiled drawing them to her.

"In Sha Allah Mamynah, i always love sleeping in your room Mamy na and please stop crying."

Hajiya Fatima smiled and wiped her tears. "Okay i've stopped. But i want to give you a little piece of advise my kids before we sleep."