|63|

Kano, Nigeria.

A lady figured tiptoed into the dark lit parlor. She slowly tiptoed to the staircase and was about to start climbing when the lights went on making her to shut her eyes tightly. Well, she's doomed today!.

"Where are you coming from at this hour of the night?" The lady upon hearing the voice that spoke though not so happy sighed in a bit of relief.

"And i believe that's none of your business!"

"Now i've involved it in my business! i've been noticing for some quite number of days now Ya Aida! you're always coming back home late at nights and behaves weirdly during the day!what the heck is wrong with you?."

"Damn it Asma! i always wondered if truly you're my sister! like seriously??why do we have to be siblings?!just why did you came as my sister huh?!i would've preferred someone else who isn't interested in other people's business!" Aida sneered.

Asma though hurt smiled.
"Well, since it was already destined, you don't have any choice than to accept the fact, well you can kill me anytime you feel the need to get rid of the pest in your way."

"And by Allah, if you don't change your ways, i will tell Ammi about it."

"Not like i care okay?!it seems like you have forgotten that i'm a doctor and i can often have late night calls at the hospital."

"Well this doesn't seem to be any call or whatever you call it, because i phoned the hospital you work with, you have quitted and haven't been going to work for almost one month now!!yet every damn morning you go out in the name of going to work and return late at night! where the hell do you go to Ya Aida??!"

***
Emir's Palace.
Kano, Nigeria.

Aryan stared at his fuming wife who refused to sit next to him instead sat at the far end corner of the room. Her long and full hair messy and all over her face and head.

She's been fuming and sneering since after he snatched the knife she was trying to stab herself with. Now, he was sure there was something wrong going on with his wife.

"Haven." He gently whispered staring at her messy figure. He slowly stood and knelt in front of her titling her chin up so she could look at him. And when she stared at him with red eyes and burst into tears hugging him, Aryan knew there was something definitely wrong with his ever sweet haven.

"It's alright." He shush patting her back.

"I also hate seeing myself like this! trust me, i also don't know what's wrong with me." She bitterly cried clutching his shirt hard.

"You will be fine In Sha Allah my haven, i think you're battling with depression, maybe staying alone at home is starting to affect you." He said shushing her back.

Oh!how she wished she could tell him what was happening to her! This was way more than depression or any of it's likes.

"We will visit the hospital tomorrow In Sha Allah, and i will talk to Dad, you can start working in the family's company."

"Really??i can start working?" She said excitedly.

"Yes my haven." He smiled pinching her nose.

"But...i've always dreamt of working in a court not a company hun'" she pouted.

"I know haven, this is just for the mean time, to take your mind off things. After you're done with your Nysc, we can then start processing for the court job."