556-560

Chapter 556 The Cross-Border Cooperation Among a Monster, a Taoist, and a Buddha

Marking the primordial spirit with Buddhism secret ability and going to a lower world to possess and cultivate to be a Buddha—

For such kind of behavior, Mu Tiannan and Lin Luoran both think it is really scary. What kind of Buddha he is? What the rat monster does today is totally a demonized trick. He must eavesdrop the secrets of Buddhism—and knows the Tao proved by gods and Buddhas is closely related to the power of faith. Messages from the eavesdropping are always incomplete. If one can become a Buddha by fooling people to get the power of faith, then gods and Buddhas really mean nothing.

Lin Luoran apotheosized herself. At that time, she had good timing, geographical convenience, and good human relations. Without the gold ware and the gold stamp from heaven, she can never deify herself.

Gods and Buddhas are not equal to "immortals". If cultivators are enlightened by the Tao of nature, they can naturally become immortals. However, gods and Buddhas have to hold positions. The positions of gods have to be canonized by heaven, while "buddhas" have to be recognized by the guiding light of the spirit mountain.

Besides this rat monster, Lin Luoran has met more than one monster that wants to snatch her godhead. Hundreds of years ago, Yamata no Orochi of Nihon also did a similar thing.

At that time, her personal ability was low, and Yamata no Orochi chose to perish together with her. It was the remaining soul of the goddess of Nihon "Konohananosakuyahime" who dissipated all her power of faith and then defeated it. But now, although the rat monster was born in the spiritual world, he could only maintain his primordial spirit and then possess an unborn child. In contrast, Lin Luoran now has the personal ability of Divinization, while Mu Tiannan and Zhixiu can help her. If they still can't defeat this rat monster, won't their personal ability of centuries be like a joke?

However, Zhixiu "woke up" from a hazy state. It is said that he has been in that situation for more than 70 years. With his ability, he still couldn't handle the rat monster... or maybe he had other considerations during that period?

After learning Lin Luoran's doubts, the young Buddhist monk feels more embarrassed.

"Buddhism holy spells are mainly for enlightening all beings. Except for Buddhist cultivators' natural ability to restrain monsters, we don't have much offensive power. This rat monster gathers wishes and hides his primordial spirit deeply. The holy spell of Buddhism can't deal with him. More importantly, he has been on this star for many years. This cult is so good at deceiving—"old institutions die hard." If I can't uproot it all at once, Hasa Mi Sect's revenge power is enough to turn the entire continent into a real hell."

Lin Luoran understands his explanation immediately. Zhixiu is modest. He can deal with the rat monster, but he can't handle the subsequent incident without others' help.

"This bodhi tree is a rare species of a thousand years. The rat monster uses demons as a nutrient to raise the bodhi tree and turns its Buddha nature into monsterous Reiki. The tree's roots intertwine deep underground and it's hard to destroy it with a blow. It is so closely connected to the rat monster that they have to be killed together."

Lin Luoran points to the ground, "Master, you must also feel it difficult to deal with thousands of demons trapped under the tree."

"Lay Buddhist is right. The moment that rat is killed and the tree is destroyed, the magic circle trapping the demons under the tree will also be gone. At that moment, demons will flee all around. It will plunge the people of this star into misery and suffering which is totally against the rule of nature."