211-215

Chapter 211 Study Circle Before Refine Weapons

Autumn is almost gone. The fat crabs still taste perfect, yet leaves on trees have turned yellow. After a gust of wind, yellow leaves fall and cover the ground. Winter is coming.

The cyan little fox has started to pull out grass and make its own nest. However, there is not much grass in the backyard so it has to make do with bamboo leaves fallen on the island.

It's already winter and most of the animals living in the mountains seldom go out. This makes it harder for Goldie to hunt for food. Mr. Lin has been thinking about whether he should buy some beef from the market to feed Goldie. One day, he sees Goldie grabbing a big snake. From the mud on its claws, Mr. Lin knows that Goldie has just dug into the snake's cave.

"Pah!" Goldie throws the snake to Mr. Lin. Ms. Lin screams. In a hurry, Mr. Lin casts a "Bound Spell". Since he is not skilled in this spell, Mr. Lin almost uses up all his wood Reiki to strap this big snake which weighs over ten pounds.

Ms. Lin is soaked in her own sweat. She is scared, "Goldie is becoming more and more cranky these days!"

Looking at the golden hawk, Mr. Lin suddenly realizes, "Don't blame it. This snake is a gift! You should thank it!" The big snake can't even move while being tightly strapped by the vines of the iron thorn. Mr. Lin walks to the snake and lifts it up, laughing.

"It's cold. This is the best season to have some snake stew. This snake is so big. We shall invite Cui and his family here and share it."

Ms. Lin has seen and cooked snakes before. She was just startled by the size of this one.

Over the phone, Fatty Cui promises to come immediately after Mr. Lin says they are going to have a snake dinner. After arriving, Fatty Cui looks at the big snake hanging on a tree and asks in amazement,

"How should we cook it?"

Ms. Lin says that she is going to stew the snake. As a foodie, Fatty Cui shakes his head and says that making a stew is such a waste of this big snake. In the end, under Cui's recommendation, the snake is chopped into parts and made into snake stew, snake soup, and stir-fried snake.

Cui's daughter, Lucy, is three years old. She has entered kindergarten. Wang Miao'e and Fatty Cui have moved back to downtown for Lucy. Lucy hasn't seen Luodong for a long time. Today, she is happy to be at Lin's house. She runs around in the front yard and then drags her mother to play with her in the back yard. Though Wang Miao'e has seen Goldie for several times, she feels creepy when Goldie stares at her.

Lucy is clearly more vigorous than other three-year-old girls. She runs in and out of Lin's vegetable field and steps on the bridge which leads to the little island before her mother even notices.

"Cui Wanlu, stop right there!" Wang Miao'e shouts, hands on her waist.

Lucy giggles and starts to run faster. Within a few seconds, she is on the island.

That's right, Lucy is Cui Wanlu's nickname. Her fat and cheesy father gave her such a beautiful and elegant name. Fatty Cui loves his daughter so much that he never thinks that she is naughty. He always believes that she is just pure and innocent.

The cyan little fox acts aggressively at this little girl who just stepped onto its territory. Luch is not afraid at all. She thinks that the little fox is playing with her and she claps her hands and stamps her feet. The little fox is furious. It comes at Lucy and tries to scratch her with its paws. Then it is lifted up by the neck.

"Aunt Lin!" Lucy calls. Then she reaches out to pinch the little fox in the nose.

The cyan little fox struggles because it is in such a disgraceful position right now. However, it can't get out of Lin's hand.