291-295

Chapter 291 The Tower of Babel, The Gate of God

Two months later, Lin Luoran comes out of the basement, holding a porcelain bottle and feels satisfied.

She thinks it won't hurt to make more preparations since they are going to explore the interstellar transmission circle and find the ancient book of the monsters of wood.

Yang Lisha has been waiting for her for too long. She doesn't yell at her only because she finally finds Lin Luoran ready to go.

Lin Luoran has only planned to take Yuan Ye and Goldie with her, but Mr. Lin volunteers to go together. The cyan little fox grabs Lin Luoran's trouser legs tightly before they leave. Li Xi'er has to stay at home and look after Yang Lisha's precious Acacia tree. As for Zeng Tian, he still needs to practice Spells of the Five Elements. He stays because his abilities are too limited to join the adventure.

Huang Weijian wants to go, but he gives up after Lin Luoran tells him he is going to take the entrance examination for senior middle schools.

Lin Luoran takes Yuan Ye and holds the golden hawk in her left hand while the little fox is in the other. Although it will be a dangerous journey, it still looks like they were going on a travel.

Master Guo is going, as well as Sixie of the Mus. Wen Runlan follows the Master of the Wens. Li Xi'er's teacher Xi Heng and other brave cultivators who answered Lin Luoran's call on the forum also join the team. They have hundreds of people now. All of them come to Rong City spontaneously. Two luxury buses are not enough. Fortunately, they are about to take a plane.

To Lin Luoran's surprise, the interstellar transmission circle Yang Lisha said is not in Huaxia.

It is at a somewhat special place.

......

The team transfers for several flights and finally arrives at Baghdad, the capital of Iraq.

The heat in late spring and early summer makes the young cultivators spiritless. Lin Luoran and the team arrive at noon in the middle of May. It's only about twenty degrees in Huaxia at this time of the year, but the temperature reaches 35 degrees at noon here.

While they could have used ice to cool themselves down at home, Baghdad welcomes them with its harsh tropical desert climate which is famous for being extremely dry.

Many cultivators are frightened after Lin Luoran says she heard the highest temperature in summer there can reach 50°C. The temperature of 50°C can even make these low-level cultivators be dehydrated under the sun. They can't imagine how the locals survived under such heat.

Under the boundless desert, there is the most precious natural resource. It is that black liquid that still makes Baghdad suffer from tragedies caused by wars.

Sectarian conflicts, terrorist attacks and militant violence against the U.S. Army are constantly happening. Explosions, attacks, abductions, assassinations are everywhere. Civilians of the country are homeless. Their living environment is deteriorating. Even in the capital, many people wander on the street because of the high unemployment rate. They all stare at Lin Luoran in her fine clothing. If they didn't come in a group of hundreds of people, they would probably get robbed by someone on the street.

The cyan little fox in Lin Luoran's arms has bright one-colored fur. The little golden hawk on her shoulder also makes them look mysterious. Nobody dares to harm them even if they want to.

The heat is not the most unbearable thing. Wind carrying a great amount of sand constantly hits them.

The cultivators even want to wrap their heads with a piece of black cloth like the locals do.