106-110

Chapter 106 Li Xi'er Is Powerful

She is being too nice?

Lin Luoran never sees herself as a nice person in the traditional sense.

However, looking at Li Xi'er who just barely dodged the attack of the black bear, Lin Luoran has to admit that she treats Li quite well — she only hopes that Li Xi'er can stop being a drag on her.

While saying she can't help, Lin Luoran actually cares about the old monkey at least out of the reason that she hasn't got the gift she deserves. With the pond nearby, Lin is able to cast a simple water spell using the refilled Reiki inside her.

A water rope forms from the pond and takes the old monkey to Lin Luoran. Lin checks on its condition, which frightens her. The old monkey is covered by blood and it is so weak.

The army of monkeys have been jumping up and down, not being able to help. They come and surround the old monkey after Lin Luoran takes it out from the pond. Some of the monkeys are actually crying!

Lin Luoran puts her finger under the old monkey's nose to test whether it is still breathing. Lin doesn't say anything... Li Xi'er is also paying attention to the old monkey. After attacking the bear again with a gold spell, Li asks anxiously,

"Sister Lin, how is the old monkey doing?"

Lin Luoran lowers her eyes and says indifferently: "Dead."

Dead? The old monkey who just offered them fruits and wine is dead?!

Li's eyes turn red. When she is distracted by the old monkey, the black bear takes the chance and hits Li on her right hand with the stick. Although Li swiftly rolls over into the pond and dodges most of the attack, her shoulder is grazed by the end of the stick. By the time Li Xi'er stands up, her right arm is in so much pain that she can't even lift her hand, let alone make any gestures to cast spells.

Lin Luoran squints. She has long since finished casting a sword spell. She will kill the black bear with her Snow Sword if Li Xi'er is in danger.

The bear roars and raises the large stick. As usual, Li Xi'er starts to panic. Lin Luoran is prepared to make the attack...

What can I do? Li Xi'er is absent-minded. How can she beat the black bear when she can't move her right hand?

Right hand... I still have my left hand! In a flash, Li tilts to the left, and the bear's stick, which is aiming at Li's head, hits her right arm again. Li Xi'er groans because of the pain.

Li Xi'er has a feeling that her right hand is broken. The pain is almost unbearable. Still, she pushes herself to follow the plan she just made. She falls into the pond and makes a splash. The black bear squints its eyes — it's the time!

A golden knife rushes out of Li's left hand and hits the black bear's eyes. The bear, which is strong but ignorant of spells, has no ability to dodge the knife. The bear bursts out a painful whining, and its eyes are ruined.

Li Xi'er is exhausted. Still, she throws out the "Bundling Rope" when the black bear is rolling in the pond and straps it tightly. Li falls into the water powerlessly.

Lin Luoran knows that Li Xi'er will win when she manages to cast the "Golden Blade Spell". Lin disperses the Reiki gathered on her fingertip and tells the army of monkeys to lift the old monkey back to their cave.

Soaked in the water, Li Xi'er already can't feel her right hand. Seeing that Lin Luoran standing by the pond and looking at her, Li Xi'er cries: "Sister, am I being too cruel?"