466-470

Chapter 466 The Reunion After Hundreds of Years

Burning wet wood fire creates a lot of smoke on which people are choking. If Lin Luoran didn't blow most of the smoke out, those inside the cave could have become "human-shaped bacon." However, except for Lin Luoran and Ma Yiming, the rest still get their faces and hands dirty. After all, they have no idea how to do housework.

This embarrassing experience brings them closer. While it keeps raining heavily outside, meat in the clay crock has already smelt great. Wild pork is very chewy. You can roast it or cook it in a crock. It is especially delicious with some tender fern stems that Lin Luoran found in the monster forest. Stewed in summer, this healthy dish warms up your heart with the fresh bitterness lingering in your mouth.

Beneath the campfire is a thin layer of soil. The taro dug up by Ma Yiming and Colin is buried right there. Feeling the stew is almost done, Lin Luoran pulls out the taro with a branch.

Growing up in the countryside of Huaxia before the New Era, Lin Luoran's generation used to throw potatoes, sweet potatoes, and taro into the fire while the adults were burning wheat stalks. When the fire died down, the food was also well-cooked. She remembers the potatoes were crispy, the sweet potatoes were yummy, and the taro were soft... Lin distributes the black taro to the crew. "Try this. It's delicious."

The key to camping is to be as natural as possible. Lin Luoran doesn't take out the utensils but cuts down a large bamboo nearby. The bamboo tube and sticks are used as bowls and chopsticks. Eating the wild pork stew with peeled burnt taro, they have a delicious and satisfying meal.

"Another bowl of stew!"

Judith wolfs the meal down. A few taros are far from enough for his appetite. The rest of them only have a bowl of stew before he swallows the whole thing.

there is still some ash on Windsor's cheeks. Touched by the warm atmosphere, she doesn't pull Judith's ears as usual.

Along with the aroma of food, they happily chat with each other about everything.

Having finished her share of taro, Han Weiya lowers her head. "Lin... Can I call you aunt like Shuangshuang does? If you didn't take me out, I would never have lived such a happy life."

Lin Luoran looks down. Don't they live like fugitives? Even she is eager to go back to her hometown, not to mention Han Weiya. Han is just a little girl who has never left her loved ones since childhood and has never suffered.

Yet the girl looks at her with her shy but determined eyes. Why not let the girl call her aunt? It's just an address. Lin Luoran nods. Han Weiya smiles and hands out something. "Aunt, this is my gift for you."

A navy-blue stone lies in her fair palm. Two inches long and two fingers wide. It's the 10000-year Hollow Azurite.

"Do you know how valuable this thing is?"

Han Weiya nods. "It turns into reiki with elixirs. This is the most wanted reiki mine for elixir makers."

Windsor and her brother are confused. How can that small stone be a valuable treasure?

Lin Luoran understands. Han Weiya is innocent, but she's not silly. Instead, Han is pretty smart, for she offers the stone deliberately in front of others in case Lin Luoran rejects her. It may seem improper, yet it's a perfect time.

The girl doesn't intend to force her. She just doesn't want to be rejected.

Lin Luoran looks at Han Weiya's eyes. She seems admiration, desire, anxiety, and trust, but no panic—She is determined to give Lin the 10000-year Hollow Azurite. Lin Luoran has no idea who told her about that stone.