41-45

Chapter 41 House-warming Party

Lin Luoran says that her friends are coming over. Lin Luoran has lived a hard life for a long time and she has lost contact with most of her classmates. If she invites them over, they may think that she is showing off. Therefore, only Baojia and Sister Wang are about to come here.

A man in a suit and gold-rimmed glasses walks in behind Baojia. Isn't that Liu Zheng?

Mr. and Mrs. Lin have met Baojia before. They are aware that Baojia is nice to Lin Luoran so they both like her much. However, seeing a gentleman like Liu Zheng who is clearly not from the same class with them, Mr. and Mrs. Lin start to feel uneasy.

Thank god Fatty Cui doesn't come today because he is occupied, or else the golden necklace of him will be so dazzling. Wang Miao'e is rich but she is chubby and her skin is dark, so the high-end clothes don't look so fancy on her. At first sight, Mrs. Lin thinks that Wang Miao'e is the same kind of people with her.

Liu Zheng is carrying two big bags of gifts. He greets Mr. and Mrs. Lin gently, which makes Aunty Li whisper to Mrs. Lin, "Luoran is doing so good. Her friends are all respectable."

Mrs. Lin is able to judge Aunty Lin's feelings by her own. She knows that if the situation is reversed, she will feel a bit uncomfortable either. Mrs. Lin pats Aunty Li on the shoulder and says, "What are you talking about? No matter what status Luoran has, she will always call you her aunt, right?"

Aunty Li is reassured by Mrs. Lin's words and continues to pick vegetables.

Liu Zheng is not a flippant person. However, looking at this magnificent house and drinking tea in the living room, he can't help smiling, "You live in a 20 million house and earn a salary of a few thousand yuan. This can be an advertisement for Treasure House. Moneybag Lin, you can consider to work with me and make some news as a publicity of the company."

Seeing Lin Luoran's blush, Baojia pounds Liu Zheng, "Master Liu, your family also owns several luxury villas, and I never scoff you like this!"

Liu Zheng leaves the joke behind and starts to talk about business with Wang Miao'e. Fortune House used to dominate the jewelry business in the province. Since Liu Zheng's company enters the industry, he has gradually become allies with retailers like Wang Miao'e and Fatty Cui. They have been doing business with each other for quite a while so there are lots of things to talk about.

Baojia drags Lin Luoran to offer their help in the kitchen since Liu Zheng and Wang Miao'e are talking about business. As a silent person, Mr. Lin is afraid that he may say something wrong to disgrace his daughter, so he goes to the backyard to fish with Luodong.

Needless to say, the vegetables all come from Lin Luoran's space. She just picked them a few minutes ago so they are very fresh. Baojia has brought some beef and pork ribs, and Sister Wang comes with a box of wine, which is exactly her style.

Baojia is not a spoiled little girl. She knows how to wash the rice and pick vegetables and can even make some simple dishes.

When Lin Luoran and Baojia come in the kitchen, Mrs. Lin is reducing the broth in the stewed pork with brown sauce. The lean part is soft and the fat part oily but not greasy. This is Mrs. Lin's special dish, which Lin Luoran only gets to eat on festivals because her family was short of money when she was a child.

Liu Zheng, Baojia and Sister Wang all grow up eating fine dishes in the city. Lin Luoran is afraid that they may not like the oily dishes her mom makes, so she tells her mom to take a rest and prepares to make some light dishes.

Baojia makes herself at home and "steals" a piece of meat which burns her tongue. She thumbs up to praise Mrs. Lin for her good cooking, which amuses Mrs. Lin who is disappointed for being taken away the chance to cook.