426-430

Chapter 426 A Dramatic Dinner

As night approaches, the streets are illuminated with energy-saving light. Without flickering and colorful light, there is only one color left on the street of the Dongting City in the new era—white. It looks neat and elegant, serious and regular.

When the Federation was just established, the older generation would miss the colorful nightlife before the new era and metropolis full of neon lamps even at night. However, as time lapses, older generations pass away. The federal people born and raised in the new era of the Earth Federation don't even know that kind of city. They have no objection to the strict management of the Federation and this color of streetlight without any romantic sense.

For Ma Shuangshuang who grows up in the era with suspended bus and the MRT, it's the first time for her to be in a government limousine. She is staring at the street view running backward. The streetlight reflects on the window, making her nervous and uneasy.

Ma Yiming sits up straight. Although he is a private guy, after all, he is just a 19-year-old boy. At this moment, he still reveals some traces of his age.

Only "living fossil" Lin Luoran who lives from the old to the present era is very relaxed. She leans on the soft leather chair and almost falls asleep.

The banquet is held on the 17th floor of the City Hall which is the most prominent building only second to the Dongting City Library in the Dongting City. It locates in Yueyang District. From the Mas' Villa, they have to pass through the whole city. Lin Luoran and others are a little late. It is a celebrity-studded gathering night. There are a lot of reporters from TV stations and electronic newspapers. The camera is developing and now pressing the shutter has a kind of beauty.

It is no different from the evening party with red carpet more than three hundred years ago.

Lin Luoran looks outside the car window. She sees handsome men and beautiful women in old-styled dresses. She once has a delusion that she is going to attend an ordinary cocktail party of large scale 300 years ago.

Seeing Ma Shuangshuang is "torturing " her dress, Lin Luoran asks the driver to take them to the side door.

Ma Shuangshuang smiles at her gratefully and Ma Yiming's stiff body is also a little relaxed.

Lin Luoran doesn't care about exposing herself. However, she just doesn't want to steal celebrities' thunder who rely on news to show themselves—Besides, if her believers see the picture of "Mortal Heart Fairy" on the Dongting Entertainment Express like a celebrity, it may feel like a slap on their belief.

The place where they get off the car is a quiet underground parking lot. It turns out that the three of Lin Luoran are not the only people who choose this side door. At least, she sees another black car also coming in.

It's not a government car. Interesting!

She glances at the car casually and sees a girl with a top hat and a black mask covering most of her face. The girl comes out of the car with many people clustering around her. Her bodyguards' strength looks much better than that of several weak men of Proud Dragon Business.

The girl reveals a sense of coldness. Her chin outline under the hat looks gentle and beautiful. She is also in a beautiful dress. As for temperament, Ma Shuangshuang is thin, but she is still more adorable than this girl.

"It's really a pity..." Lin Luoran withdraws her spiritual mind and whispers. Neither of the two siblings walking beside her hears what she is talking about.

They arrive on the 17th floor soon. Lin Luoran sees that Ma Shuangshuang is very nervous, so she signals her to hold Ma Yiming, which is still polite in the new era.