Chapter 37

Zane's POV.

I was crying for a little while in the comfort of my mother.

"Sh sh sh you're okay now. You're okay" she cooed.

I am still in chock from what had happened.

I didn't have a moment to process any of this so I broke down.

After a little more crying and my family comforting me, I calmed down.

" what happened, baby?" My grandma asked.

" First of all, you can't disturb me while I'm speaking. Let me explain first. Okay?" I reasoned first.

"Okay" and " alright" were heard in the room from everyone.

"So when we came here, we went outside to play in the backyard. Valentina wasn't with us, we thought that she was still sleeping since it was still very early in the morning. We caught up in playing outside and didn't realise the time. Then Matteo asked about Val, so we got worried since we hadn't seen her at all today. I decided that I would go check up on her and ask if she wanted to come downstairs with us, while the others got in the living room with snacks.

I went upstairs and knocked on her door, she didn't react. So I knocked again, and again. Eventually before warning her I broke the lock on the door and bursted through it. When I found her she was barely conscious. She lay on her bed weak and pale, blood streaming out of her wrists. I ran to her and checked her pulse, it was there but very weak. I yelled out for Elijah while gently tapping her cheek to make sure she would stay awake and holding pressure on the wounds because the blood kept flowing. Elijah came and we went to the medical wing were she went into chock. Her whole body was shaking while her eyes rolled back and her head tilted. It was horrifying. You know..I can deal with blood, I don't mind it. But seeing so much blood come out of her. I was scared to dead.

Elijah injected something in her and then he bandaged her up. I also told the maids to clean the bedsheets and washed us up from all the blood. I already told Blake, Xavier and Xander who are now at the medical wing with Valentina and Elijah. I came here to tell the others but then you guys arrived.

We didn't tell you guys sooner, because something could've happen at the mission if you weren't fully with your head in the game. And we didn't want Matteo to see her like that." I said still a few tears falling and my voice breaking in pain, thinking of that sight in front of me back then.

I looked up from my lap to see everyone shocked and sad.

No one said anything but we all went to the medical wing to go see Valentina.

When we arrived and went inside, you could physically feel the sadness in the room.

You could see the hurt and pain in the other's eyes, seeing her still very very pale body while blood was been given into her body making a little colour appear on her face.

Her bandaged wrist in sight.

"When will she wake up?"

"We don't know, minutes, hours, days...I don't know. She lost a lot of blood, but she's a fighter, she'll make it." Elijah said.
———- hours later.

It has been a few hours but she still hasn't woken up yet.

we all needed to go home and we'll check and come back tomorrow.

Before leaving I kissed Valentina's head again.

Her body was still pale and a little cold.

"Bye Val, I'll see you tomorrow. Get well soon" I said