Chapter 45

"Alright, I'll hold you until you sleep." I sat down next to Tala. He watched her so closely then he looked with confusion at me.

"That's mommy, she's asleep right now." I told him. I'm not sure if he understands that tho. His eyes wandered back off to her.

"You wanna lay with her?" I asked him. I know he's not gonna give me a reply but his eyes said it all.

"Alright come here." I placed him on the bed next to Tala and got in too so he was laying between her and me. "You like this my little prince." He still needs a name. But I am not gonna choose that alone. I have one in mind Tala has to agree on the name too.

Phoenix.

— The next morning

I woke up with our son sleeping in my arms. I carefully took him and put him back in his little bed.

"Lucifer?" I heard from behind me and turned around.

"Tala" I said

"Where am I?" She asked

"We're at the hospital Tal." I told her

"Oki, when can we leave?"

"I don't know. Do you want me to go ask?"

"Yes."

I left the room. I searched for a nurse or just someone from the medical staff.

—- Tala's pov—-

Lucifer left the room. I was alone with our son. We had to start thinking of some names. I've always like one name; Phoenix. A Phoenix is a bird that rises from the ashes of flames. Just like this little cutie. I can't remember what happened. But I know that whatever happened is not good, as if this world had the be in flames before peace came. He is our peace.

I tried standing on my feet, but I felt like I was too weak to hold myself up. So I just sat down at the edge of the bed. I watched my baby sleep.

Ring ring

Ring ring

My phone went off.

"Hello?" I replied

"Hello Tala."

"Who Is this?"

"That doesn't matter sweetheart."

"What do you want?"

"Well that's easy. I want you to..." he started explaining.

—-Luci's pov—-

I returned to Tala's room to see her on the phone with someone.

"Alright, i understand. Bye" she ended the call

"Who was that?"

"Nobody. Wrong number."

I don't know what that was but it was definitely not the wrong number.

"Alright. I found a doctor and they said you could leave as soon as everything is okay. So they're gonna run some tests on you." I told her

"Mhh I see. Okay."

"Tal... we need to decide a name for him."

"Oh yeah. I already have a name in mind. It fits him perfectly."

"I also have a name in mind. Tell me yours."

"No, you tell me first." She giggled

"Together? 3...2...1"

"Phoenix" we both said

I stared in her eyes. We had the same name in mind. She really is my soulmate. Her eyes are shining. Her cheeks became a bright pink color and her cute smile turned into her biting her lip. She broke eye contact and looked down. I grabbed her chin, forcing her to look me in the eyes. I couldn't help myself, I had to feel her again. I leaned in a bit closer so she would know what I wanted to do. She didn't pull back. Just before my lips met hers I asked her "Can I kiss you, Darling?" "Yes, yo-" she was saying before I crashed my lips onto hers. It has been such a long time since I've tasted her. My hands went to her neck and her waist. Pulling her closer than she already was, pressing her against my body.