Chapter 28

~~~ a few weeks later ~~~

Today was the last challenge and my injuries from before are as good as healed.

"Welcome everyone to the last challenge. Today, Damion will choose for every girl what she has to do to prove that she's worthy of that 500 million dollar and the title of bravest person in hell. It won't be easy and there is a new rule. They can't back out, or reject to do their dare. If they do, they'll be killed, at instance. So good luck ladies. You're gonna need it."

"Ah, my favorite girls. I'm happy to see you." Dam said smiling. Of course he's smiling he knows he can make us do anything now.

"Good we'll start immediately. I'll start with Tala..." a smirk formed on his face. This can't be good.

"You're challenge is to KILL the person you love most." Damion said, with a straight face and the whole public was shocked. I looked at Luci with a sad look and he looked at me with a shocked one.

"Can I first talk to him for a while? Just... say goodbye." I startes to tear up.

"Hhhmm, fine. One of you will be death either way so I don't see why not."

I ran over to Luci. I didn't care everyone was gonna know. Luci wanted to make it public from the beginning anyway. I heard everyone gasp when I kissed Luci. I kissed him as soon as I could reach him. He grabbed my neck and his other hand was at my lower back pulling me closer as he deepened the kiss. It was so quiet in the room, you could hear a pin drop. As Luci and I kissed and his hands traveled over my back, still keeping me as close ad possible, we heard someone sigh irritated and yell at us

"Alright, that's enough."

Well I bet you can guess who yelled that at us. Damion, of course. We broke the kiss but he didn't put me back on the floor. I buried my head in the crook of his neck. He sat back down in his throne. He never lets anyone touch his throne, but he just carried me over there. I was straddling him, his hands were at my waist.

"I can't do it." I whispered to him

"Yes you can princess, It's one of us and you are my priority. I can't live without you and I want you to be still here with your friends. I love you so damn much Nala." He whispered back.

He pulled me back and forced me to look at him by grabbing me chin softly. I started crying now.

"I can't, I can't live without you. I'll die either way, if it's not from a bullet, again, then it's from
Heartbreak. I really really really can't lose you Luci." I said a bit louder

"Babygirl, I killed a lot of people, I deserve it more than you to be killed. Now I want you to grab that gun and shoot m-"

"No." I interrupted him.

"Yes, you will, and when you do I want you to think of me as the monster that everyone describes me to be. Think of me killing all those people, think of every time I hurt you. It will make it easier." He explained

"No, Luci. Can't I just kill Dam instead?" I asked

"I wish it was that easy princess. But you can't. Nobody can kill, apart from me. Because I am the devil. Remember that?" He laughed a soft smile.

"Of course I remember. But I'm your girlfriend, doesn't that mean I can kill to. I mean he's making me kill you so he isn't really innocent either."

"Tala, you can't. Just shoot me. Do you know how to aim?" He asked

"Yes, why?"

"Shoot me somewhere in the ribs, but not on my heart."

"I wasn't going to shoot your heart Luci, you would be dead... pretty much instantly."

"Good, now go back and shoot me.."

I sighed deep, I really don't want to do this.

I got out of his lap and kissed him again. Short but passionate. After I walked back to Damion. He had placed the gun behind him. I whispered in his "you'll regret this. I'll make sure of it."

I walked past him and grabbed the gun. I looked at the bullets on the table and loaded my gun. One bullet would be enough. I need him to fall to the floor almost immediately. I have an idea where to shoot. I turned around and walked. My eyes full with tears. All I wanted was Luci's strong arms around me and him hugging me so tight.

I walked back to Lucifer, I stood still in front of him. I took some deep breaths. I walked over to him just for the last time. I pecked his lips and he did the same with mine. I hugged him for one last time.

I walked a few foot back. He stood up and came down his 3 steps that were in front of his throne. There was, 25ft between us. I pointed the gun at him. Straight to his chest. I took my time aiming, his heart is right there so if i go a bit more to the middle he will still faint and lose a lot of blood but there will still be a chance he survives, it's very small but there is one.

I aimed the gun at his heart, then I pointed the gun 0.8 inches away from his heart to the middle. It's a risky shot tho. It's close to his heart.

"I love you Luci, so much" i cried out one last time.

"I love you more my princess. Forever." He said back

"Forever." I said

I took a deep breath, swallowed deep and put my finger on the trigger. I was shaking uncontrollably, my breath was heavy and my vision was blurry because of the tears. I first had to calm myself down if I don't want this to go wrong.

I pulled the trigger.