Chapter 3

I removed the picture. And he let go of my throat. Before I could stop myself, I bumped into his shoulder while walking past him saying "I hate you". To what his reply was "the feelings mutual. Now get the fuck out of my mansion." And I practically ran out.

When I ran out of the door back to my friends. They asked if I succeed. I told them what happened but what Luci doesn't know is that I removed the damn picture from my camera roll, but not from my phone. I showed them the picture and they were shocked to say at least. Our day of fun was over and everyone went home. I dropped Kaya and Scar off at their place and went back home.

Once I was home, I took a long shower and when I got out, I was kinda shocked to see Lucifer's hand print on my skin. I'm sure it's gonna be bruised for a few weeks. It's already red and sore. And damn it stings. I searched for something to ease the pain and in my luck, I found some aspirin to ease it. Damn you Lucifer. Damn you. I'll make you regret this.

The next days went by quickly and before I knew it 2 weeks passed. We play our dare-game now once a week. So my other 2 dares weren't that hard since His hand print was still on my skin. It softened a bit but not much. It's still sore and still hurts but it starts to go away. Today our group is just going out. Hanging around in the bars and clubs.

"Hey, did you hear about the activities in the mansion in 2 days?" Kaya asked me as I joined them on the dance floor.

"No, what kind of activities?"

"They are organizing a battle to see who's the most persistent and strong willed. They say it's full of danger and their is a prize for the winner. It's actually perfect for you." Blaze said also joining us.

"I'll think about it."

*the next day*

I thought about it all night and I want to participate but a part of me also says to stay away from that place for awhile. So I'm gonna think of all pro's and all con's and I'll see what I do. I also searched for what the challenges include and I found out it's a spin-off of the hunger games. But than with challenges instead of dropping 24 people on a territory to survive.

*evening*

"Knock knock" someone's at the door. Must be the pizza deliverer. "Hey, ready I just wanted to surprise you and say we're having a sleepover." Kaya said, jumping onto my couch. "Umh Kay, I don-" I started but she cut me off "So do you know if you're gonna participate in the challenge?"

"I don't know yet. I think I'm gonna do it but there is this part of me that says to stay away, and I don't know what to do." I explained to her

It's now 3am and I'm still not sleeping. I have this feeling that I'm missing something by not competing in the game tomorrow.... well today. Kaya's in a deep sleep. Fuck it. I'm will be participating in this competition. I took my laptop and searched for the information.

Challenges:
~hide and seek
~seducing
~ stealing
~extreme dares
~unknown final challenge (given by Lucifer)

I read those challenges. I was always good at hide and seek... and extreme dares. But I have no idea how to seduce someone. The stealing part is pretty okay for me. And for the final one. I'm sure as hell, if I stand in the final, Luci's gonna make it extra difficult, just to irritate me some more.

Alright Luci, let's see how far I can get. And sign in. Full name? Tala Lexi Serrano. Age? 26 Describe yourself... "seriously?" Okay fine.
I'm a daredevil and always love a new challenge.

And there I was. Signed into the game that can easily become my deathbed. And if you die in hell, you're just gone. Erased from everything.

I tried to get some sleep although the first challenge is just hide and seek. I was quickly asleep. I felt good now. When I signed in, I also could see how many other people compete in the game; 25 and I was the 25th person to be in the game.

*next morning 6am*

"Wake up, wake up, wake uupppp !!!!" Kaya woke me up. "What the fuck Kay, how late is it?"
"It's 6am, now get your ass out of bed, we're gonna watch the game at the palace."

"Yeah, about that. I decided I am going to compete in it."

"The registrations ended an hour ago Tal." She said confused. "I signed up at 3am Kay." I explained to her that I had this feeling and I couldn't sleep so i signed up.

"Oh ... my ... DeViL! So we're all gonna support for you. But be careful, I don't want you to die." She yelled.

"Of course Kay. Love ya bitch." I laughed at her cuteness

"Love ya too" she winked at me. And then we both laughed so hard, tears were forming in our eyes. I got dressed for hide and seek against the devil and we went to HIS mansion.

I decided to wear an all black outfit. A black ripped jeans with a off-shoulder bodysuit and a leather jacket. As for my hair I just threw it in a messy bun.

Like that

Like that. So we headed to the mansion. And the rest of the group was already there. I simply said my hello's and left again to go to my place. But on my way to meet the other participants, I bumped into a hard, muscular chest and I would have fallen to the ground if the person's arms didn't wrap around me. I looked up to meet those red eyes of the person who saved me from falling. I knew immediately who those eyes belong to. Lucifer.

"You just can't stay away, can you?" He chuckled, laughing at me and our situation. He could drop me easily and I would fall hard on the floor. But he didn't. But he also didn't help me up, he just simply stood there with me in his arms. Staring into each other's eyes. "Why are you here this time?" He asked, finally breaking the silence.
"I'm competing in the game." I said and he widened his eyes. "You?" He laughed. "You won't even pass the first round."

"Says who? You don't know me nor what I am capable of doing." I spat in his face. "No, but I think I caught you just a few weeks ago, and to see on the red mark on your neck that's still there, I would say you still remember what happened last time." He spat back at me. "Oh, Fuck off, Luci" I snapped. He chuckled but then he got an angry look in his eyes. "What did you just call me?" He snapped too. He asked me that, daring me to repeat it. But also in a threatening way.