Chapter 8

"Hhhmmm, and what about this than?" He leaned in to kiss me, but this time I stopped him. I turned my face away from his and pushed him off of me. "Okay, look Luci. Yesterday was a mistake. We were just caught up in the heath. Okay? It will never happen again." I explained to him with a straight face.

"Fine, but first tell me, tell me I'm the only one who enjoyed that kiss, tell me I'm the only one who felt something while we were kissing. Tell me I was the only one who felt cold and empty when we were interrupted. Tell me I'm the only one who's craving to do that again." He got angry and hit the wall, right next to my face.

"I- I can't. I did feel all those things too okay. But we hate each other Lucifer. That is not how enemies treat each other. Not at all. Damn it. It was a mistake okay. It's wrong. Now, leave. I want to settle in... on my own." I kinda hurt my own feelings saying that. And seeing by the look in his eyes, his feelings were hurt too. Which made my heart ache. No, I couldn't care about him this much, could I? fuck. No. Absolutely not.

"Fine, if that's what you want. Then we'll go back to avoiding each other. Screw you." And he stormed out of the room. I felt bad. and even worse when I heard him say that we'll go back to avoiding each other. I felt my heart break. And it hurts like a bitch. Maybe I was too harsh on him. I'll see how he's doing after dinner. I hope he cooled down by then.

*after dinner*

It was strange. I felt devastated the whole day. Lucifer didn't even show up at dinner. Wasn't he hungry or something? Either way I'm now on my way to his room. To apologize, I really don't want to go back to hating each other. It hurts me, mentally as well as physically. I walked over to his room and knocked. I knew he's in here because I can hear noises. He didn't answer the door so I decided I was just gonna go inside. Once I was inside, I regretted my decision immediately. He was... kissing some other girl. Their shirts ripped on the floor. But nothing more than kisses. "I- I'm sorry...." I tried to hide the hurt in my voice but it was to strong. I felt my heart shatter. I would rather someone takes a dagger and stabs my heart over and over again than to feel this pain. I'm sure I had tears in my eyes by now. And once again, I ran. As fast as I could I ran out of that damn room. I heard him call me back but I didn't care. I locked my door and cried myself to sleep. Which took a while with the fact that every time I closed my eyes I saw him with her.

"Tala? Open the door." He was there at the other side of the door. I ignored him. "Tala! Open the door, now." He started to order, I ignored it again. "Tala, I swear I'm gonna get the loper key." He said "Don't bother. The key's still in the keyhole, you can't get in." I yelled back at him. Drying my tears away. "Fine then I'm breaking the door down." I ignored him again. "Just leave lucifer." I said, with a sad voice. "I want to be alone right now." I lied.

I wanted him here with me. Telling me it was a misunderstanding and that he still wants me. But no, that wouldn't happen. After I yelled that, everything went quiet. Expect there were still noises coming from his room. He was fucking that girl from before. I could hear her begging and screaming through the walls. Why? Why me? Why does he have to play with me like that? You either like me or you hate me. But he can't just stop change his mind every second. So, here I was. In for yet another sleepless night.

The next day I didn't even bother to come out of the room. I was tired and I felt weak. My heart still aching from last night. Well, at least I know now that I like him more than I hate him. And that I care about him a lot. But also that I can't be with him because he already hurt me before we even started. On the other hand, we aren't a thing, so he could do whatever the fuck he wants to do.

"Tala?" He was here again. "It's past noon, you need to come out of the room and eat something.  "Why do you care?!" I genuinely asked. Letting him hear all my emotions. Letting him know how much he hurt me. "Tala...let me in.... please."

I wanted to but then I remembered the night he has had "I'll let you in if you tell me honestly you didn't fuck that girl last night." I was back at being harsh. He broke me. And I hate myself for letting myself get hurt this much.

"Tala, you... I can't princess." He's sad.

"That's what I thought. And don't princess me. I never want to see you again Lucifer. I'm dropping out of the game." I said. Inhaling and exhaling sharply. Catching my breath while sobbing quietly.
"Tala I-"

"Just don't. Please Lucifer please just leave."

*by nighttime*

It was all dark now and there were no noises anymore. I just waited 5 minutes longer before sneaking outside and going back to my apartment. I called Blaze and Kaya over. They slept in the guest rooms while I got just a little bit of sleep and the next day I finally ate something again after 2 days. After breakfast I filled them in on everything that has happened and has been said between Lucifer and I.

They reacted as I expected. Shocked.

"What the hell. You and Luci kissed" they yelled.
"My best friend and the damn devil." Kaya said, going all crazy on me.

"So how are you feeling?" They both looked me in the eyes as if they knew I wasn't doing good.

"I- I'm fine." I said with a fake smile on my face.
"Don't believe you. You just told us you were devastated. And you felt your heart shatter. Do you really think we'd be that easy to fool."

"Fine, I don't know how I feel. I feel like I'm... not good enough and I know I shouldn't but... It's this automatic feeling I get when I think about it. I feel completely broken, empty and shattered. But I also feel like it's for the best. I mean we're enemies, we hate each other. We can't do something as kissing."

"Or maybe, you both think you hate each other because you're attracted to one another. When in reality it's not hatred but Love you feel." Kaya made her standpoint.

It's not possible. I'm not in love with him. But now I think about... I enjoy teasing him, his presence, his voice, his blood red eyes and even when he pins me down against the wall.....  god, I can't imagine my life without him in it.

Holy fuck. I am in love with him. I'm in love with Lucifer. The one and only devil.