Chapter 44

I put her down in the bed and the doctor did her job. I waited for a good 30 minutes before she said that the baby needed to be delivered or we would loose him.

A few nurses and more doctors came running in the room and took Tala to the delivery room. I stood there, next to her. Everything was going good until now. Tala's grip became weaker and weaker within seconds. Her eyes became heavier and heavier and I could see she was having a very hard time to keep them open.

"Tala?" I said, trying to get her attention but I didn't

"Sir, we need you to leave the room. We're gonna have to do a C-section on her. Can you please follow me outside?"

"What? Is she gonna be okay? And the baby?" I asked

"Normally everything would be okay. But I need to ask you a question and it's not gonna be an easy one."

"Okay. What is it?" I asked hesitant

"If something goes wrong, I need to know who to safe. Who do we make the priority?"

"What?!" I was shocked. I just found her again, I can't live without her. But that's my heir she's carrying, and I love him too. "Can I have some time to think about it?" I asked

"Yes, but I need to know as soon as possible."

"Okay." She went back in the room. I called Damion to come up to the room. I needed a second opinion on this.

"Lucifer, what's wrong?" He asked

"I have to make a choice and I need a second opinion on this one." I told him

"Oh wow, I didn't think you would want my opinion but okay, about what is it?"

"I need to choose between Tala or our baby." I blurted out.

"WHAT?! What are you thinking?"

"I don't know, Tala is my everything but the baby id my heir. And on top of that Tala asked me just before she fell unconscious to make the baby priority." I explained

"Hmm, I see. So you're stuck in the middle. If you want my opinion I think it's best if you pick Tala. She's the live of your life, the kind that you rarely find. And you can always try for a baby again if you lose this one. Yes, I know it's gonna be hard but you can't live without her. We all saw that the last fee months." Damion explained

"Hm, But she asked me to take the baby. I can't go against her, she'll hate me for it."

"Probably" he shrugged

"You're bot helping idiot." I let my frustration out on him a bit.

"Alright I'll leave you now before you start punching me." He said and left me standing there.

The doctor came outside the room and said she needed to know.

"Prioritize the baby. But try your best to make sure that they both survive." I said.

"Alright." She said and went back in the room.

I sat here for 3 hours and a half now and I haven't had any news yet. Tala lost almost 1 year of her memory because of the injuries they inflicted on her. She had some serious brain damage and she went through a lot of trauma. Her brain shut off because of it. I still think it was too easy to get her back. There has to be something we overlooked. I just don't know what.

"Lucifer." A nurse spoke unsure

"Yea." I replied

"The baby is safe and healthy, you can hold him if you would like to. He's completely perfect. But your wife has lost a lot of blood. One of the stitches ripped open, we cleaned it out and stitched it again, no worry. She is still unconscious right now. Normally she should be awake somewhere tomorrow, with the fact that it's pretty late in the evening I suggest you also get some sleep." She said.

"Where is my son? And when can I visit my wife?" I asked

"We placed your son with your wife in the room for safety reasons. He is the future king of hell after all, we wouldn't want anything happening to him. You can visit your wife now."

"Alright." I nodded to be polite and went to Tala's room. 

I took her hand in mine and gave it little kisses. 

"You did good baby. I love you so so much Tala. I hope... I really hope you will remember us again." I gave her a kiss on her forehead, her nose and her lips. I stood up and walked to our son.

"Hi there little prince." I said and he smiled. He's so cute.

"Yeah, you recognize your daddy, little one?" I laughed just a bit. I imagined Tala being awake for this moment. I think out baby noticed I was wandering off. He held his hands out, motioning for me to pick him up. I reached out to him and placed him in my arms. He immediately started laughing.

"You're our little boy and we love you more than anything. Do you know that little one?"

He smiled at me and then yawned. He was tired. I wanted to put him back but he started to pout.

"Alright, I'll hold you until you sleep." I sat down next to Tala. He watched her so closely then he looked with confusion at me.

"That's mommy, she's asleep right now." I told him. I'm not sure if he understands that tho. His eyes wandered back off to her. 

"You wanna lay with her?" I asked him. I know he's not gonna give me a reply but his eyes said it all.

"Alright come here." I placed him on the bed next to Tala and got in too so he was laying between her and me. "You like this my little prince." He still needs a name. But I am not gonna choose that alone. I have one in mind Tala has to agree on the name too.

Phoenix.