thirty nine

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

Ko Deok Jin had no other choice but attend the parents' meeting regarding Coach Choi's bribing issue. He could hear the rest of the parents murmuring in complaint but Jung Da Jung on the other hand, remained seated and silent. And she was relieved that the other parents actually made time to attend even when Deok Jin had to threat them into coming by stating that those who wouldn't attend would be considered as Coach Choi's accomplice and would also get sued. 

" I'd like to thank everyone for showing up despite your busy schedule " He breathed once he stood up, eyes wandering to them. " I gathered you here today to have Coach Choi II-Kwon fired. "

" I was also a talented basketball player here at Serim high 18 years ago " He added " My son learned to play from me so he's also awfully talented. Even 18 years ago, there was a coach who demanded money. However my parents didn't give it to him. Why? Because he had faith in me. That's why I can stand here before you with nothing on my conscience. "

" Hey " Gi Yong's father called out, looking at him warily " What does that have to do with Coach Choi? "

" My alumnus, Choi II-Kwon hasn't always been a bad guy. " Deok Jin replied looking around he took a deep breath " But do you know when he began to go astray? He saw his own father bribe his coach --- ever since that day, II-Kwon began to demand money from me and he began to beat me. I thought he became a new man after he began to teach. But he's still taking money, just as that coach did to his dad 18 years ago, from us. Do we want to raise our kids to be an awful adult like II-Kwon? "