seventeen

THIRD PERSON'S POINT OF VIEW

|| F L A S H B A C K ||

7 Year old Kwon Ye Ji sat on the bench with an open book in her lap, her gaze passing word by word as she silently read. Her father had left her in the nearest park with one maid and a driver to accompany her. After persuading her father for a whole week to let her go at the park, Ho Chang had finally agreed but under in one condition and that is for her to bring her Spanish text book and read it there.

Even when young Ye Ji doesn't want to read and memorize spanish words at the park, she had no choice but just nod her head knowing that her father will no longer agree for her to go there if she disagree to bring the book with her. So while she sat on the bench reading the book and memorizing, around her there are kids playing mostly with their parents.

She couldn't help but tear her gaze away from the book and look around, the feeling of envy appearing when she stared at the other kids. They were playing freely along with the rest, beside them are their parents. Some are wiping their kids' sweat, handing them waters and some are playing with them laughing loudly.

But her---- oh her. She's at the corner with a book on her lap, with one maid and driver watching her from the distance. And clearly--- she doesn't have any parent with her.

She doesn't understand why her father never spent time with her, no matter how hard she would persuade him Ho Chang will always say no or boss someone around to go with her. She doesn't have a mother, so she doesn't have someone who could wipe her own tears, her own sweats or give her feathery kisses across her cheeks or on her head.