Girls, Girls, Girls

(Pete’s POV)
I heard a knock on my door. I figured it was one of the guys needing something. But it was pretty late at night.

“Come in.” I said from my bed and putting my book down I was currently reading.

“Hey, I am sorry to bother you.” Amanda said walking into my room. I was shocked. I thought that she would have gone to bed by now.

Amanda had some cute pajamas on. She was wearing a care bear cami and cloud pants to match. Her hair was still a little wet but it made her look a little sexier. I tried to push thoughts out of my head and to focus on what I am supposed to concentrate on but she makes it so hard.

“What’s up?” I asked getting up. I enjoy being around her more. I am glad she decided to come back to my room but I thought that we were supposed to take our friendship or relationship slow.

“I can’t sleep. After I got out of the shower my mind started to race. I guess everything that has happened is just overwhelming me and I am trying to not let it.” She said.

“Have a seat on the bed here.” I said moving some clothes off it. I looked down to see that I forgot that I was wearing only some fresh boxers I changed into after our swim.

“Um, hang on a sec.” I said putting some pants on.

Amanda laughed at me and smiled. How am I to deal with having feelings for the enemies’ daughter? “Pete, you are such a dork.” I said to myself.

“Pete, will you teach me how to defend myself? I know a little self defense but with vampires around I need to know what to do.” She said.

“Sure. I can do that. I can even set you up with Rick. He can give you a training session on all the weapons we use to fight vampires.” I said. “Amanda, don’t worry.” I said placing my hand on her shoulder. “I promise you will be ok.” I added looking in her eyes.

“I tell you what.” I said sitting beside her. “Why don’t you crawl in bed beside me and I will help you to sleep.” I said.

“Pete! What are you implying? I’m not that kind of girl.” She said getting up.

“No. I can make you fall asleep much like I made you not move last night. That’s what I am trying to get at.” I said hoping I didn’t offend her.

“Oh. You won’t bite me or have the urge?” She asked leaving me puzzled.

One minute we were fine and now she is worried that I will bite her. Her mind must be going crazy. I can’t say I would blame her if I knew my dad was a blood sucking fiend who was trying to use me for something.

“Amanda, I wouldn’t do that to you.” I said looking at her.

“Ok.” She said crawling into my bed and laying on her right side facing the bathroom wall.
“Pete, I’m sorry.” She said yawning.

“It’s ok.” I said pulling her hair away from her face. “Just close your eyes and relax.” I said to her.

“Pete?” She asked.

“Yes?” I responded.

“Can we go on a date like Erelin and Brendon tomorrow?” She said starting to drift as I lay behind her putting my arm around her.

“I will do anything you want.” I said giving her the thoughts she needed to sleep.

After a few minutes her breathing changed and she was very still in a peaceful sleep. I looked over to even see a smile. It made me smile. I wanted her to feel protected and safe and I was going to do that. Looking at her neck was a given and even though biting it was tempting; I was much stronger than that. I was about to fall asleep too when I heard and saw Sam run in my room shutting the door.

“Wow!” She said.

“Shh. Amanda just fell asleep and it is not what you think.” I said.

“Good cause I don’t want to have to hurt you.” Sam said laughing.

“Why did you come in here for?” I asked whispering.

“Um, Erelin is after me.” Sam said paranoid.

“Ha, what did you do to her?” I asked laughing.

“Jake and I found some water balloons and threw them in the pool at them. I left poor him to defend himself. He was knocked in the pool.” She said.

“Oh that’s funny and too good.” I said wishing I could have seen that.

“Hey! Oh no she’s coming you have to hide me.” She said dripping water on my carpet.

“You are getting my floor wet and I think you should face up to your punishment.” I said grinning.

“Do it or else I wake Amanda up.” She said.

“Fine! Go in the bathroom.” I said shaking my head.

“Pete!” Erelin said knocking on my door.

“Yes, Erelin, come in.” I said once Sam was in the bathroom.

She walked in and I went, “Shh, she’s sleeping.” “Amanda had some trouble and I helped her.” I said.

“Uh-huh. Helped her my ass! Have you seen Sam?” Erelin asked looking pissed. I tried not to laugh.

“No.” I said.

“Alright, wait!” Why is there a puddle on your carpet?” She asked.

“Ok, she was here but she took off. I don’t know where to.” I said lying but finding this all amusing.

“Just like a vampire.” She said storming off.

“I think the coast is clear, Sam.” I said laughing. “You owe me and you are on your own now.” I said grinning.

“Thank you, Pete.” She said kissing my cheek. “You know you are my favorite person in the house, right?” Sam said.

“What about Jake?” I asked smiling.

“Well, I love him but you know you are my favorite now.” She said grinning.

“Is that so?” I said shaking my head at her again.

“Go find your boy before he cuts you out.” I said shooing her out of my room and shutting the door.

I crawled back into bed and pulled the covers up. Like an instinct, Amanda rolled over to me and somehow placed her head on my shoulder and her hand on my chest. She was still asleep and I hoped she dreamed happy dreams as I watched her breathe.