Take One For The Team/Three Words Say It All

(Brendon's POV)

"I can't believe you volunteered us all to go snooping around what is left of the warehouse, knowing there could be vampires lurking around there too." I said to Jake as I stood in the lobby waiting for everyone to meet up here.

"Hey, Pete volunteered you, not me. He didn't want Erelin alone with you or Ryan and certainly not you and him by yourselves. Besides this whole thing was Chrissy and Chris' fault. They cornered me and Sam into it." Jake said backing away from Brendon.

"Remind me to thank my old buddy and pal Pete when I see him." I said sighing. "It's convenient he is out on a date with Amanda while I have to babysit you guys." I said rolling my eyes.

"Brendon we need you. You are the only one with vampire strength to protect us." Sam said coming downstairs to the lobby.

"Since you put it that way then ok." I said not being able to say no to Sam.

"Speaking of everyone, where are they, Sam?" Jake asked kissing his girlfriend.

"Well, Jenny wasn't too thrilled that we volunteered her and I think she was giving Rick some grief over the situation because she wanted to be alone with him. Rick, by the way is getting our weapons together the last time I checked." Sam said.

"I think I will go drag Chris out of his hidey hole being that he is late." I said heading upstairs. When I did I accidentally bumped into Erelin as I turned the corner to go to into his room. "Sorry." I said then turning around to see Erelin.

"Don't worry about it." She said pushing past me and heading downstairs with tears in her eyes.

"Ok, I didn't do anything and she is crying. Women. I will never understand them." I said sighing again and knocking on Chris' door.

"Hey, get your ass down here. I will huff and puff and blow the door down." I said laughing. I heard laughing and noises going on in the bedroom so I decided that I was going to embarrass them for keeping us waiting. So I yelled.

"Chris and Chrissy are do..." I shouted from upstairs so everyone downstairs could hear me but I got cut off. Before I could finish doing it both Chris and Chrissy flew out the door faster then I don't know what and ran downstairs with Chrissy quickly putting her hair in a ponytail.

"Having a little fun on the job are we?" Jake chided Chris as I walked back downstairs. Everyone was laughing at them and I turned to see Erelin laugh and smile at them too. At least I made her smile.

Rick and Jenny came throwing weapons in our faces and then he counted heads and noticed Ryan was missing. "Yo, Ryan dude, get down here! We are leaving and you are coming." He yelled. "If I have to then you have to. No one is excluded. I will sing show tunes in the car." Rick threatened.

"Like that would bring him down here." I said rolling my eyes.

Finally, Ryan strolled downstairs and stood beside Erelin. I just kind of glanced at them then headed outside to Chrissy's car. As I got in the car, I turned to see Erelin try to say something to me but instead she turned and went in Sam's car with Ryan of all things.