A Brief Escape Only to Be Caught

I opened my eyes and tried to scream even though whoever had their hand on my mouth was muffling it. I saw that there were two guys in my room. One was short, wearing a hat holding a crossbow. The other had glasses and red hair and had his hand over my mouth.

“If you quit screaming we will explain. We aren’t here to hurt you.” The red headed guy said.

I quit screaming and they let me slowly sit up. How did they sneak in here so fast? Were they already in my house when I came home?

“What do you want with me? My dad has money if that is what you want.” I said nervously. After all I was talking to two guys in my room who could possibly try to hurt me. My only option was to roll over fast to the side of my bed that was close to the door and bolt. I waited for one to speak first so that they would be distracted on talking to me.

“We don’t want your money. But we do need you.” The short one said.

That was it. I quickly rolled over and ran out my door. I got to the end of the hallway where the stairs were to see the tall, dark headed guy that stared at Erelin from the club thanks to the hall light I left on blocking my way.

“Hey, we just want to talk.” He said grabbing me.

“Let me go!” I said trying to hit him. I turned my head to see the other two guys walking towards me. I needed to think fast. I looked back at my holder’s face to see he had what looked like vampire fangs. The only thing I could do was knee him in the groin which in turn had him quickly let go of me. I bolted down the stairs to see the other guy from the club step in front of me and grab me too.

“Where do you think you are going?” He said.

“Hey, Pete, do you need any help? She’s a feisty one.” I heard the short one say.

“I got it. Thanks.” The Pete guy said.

So I knew his name. Great, if I can get away at least I have a name to tell the cops. But his grip is very strong.

“Let me go!” I said trying to fight him as well.

“Amanda, stop. I’m not going to hurt you.” He said making every muscle and bone in my body stop fighting with him. All I could do was stand there. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t even take my eyes off of him.

“Are you alright, Brendon?” Pete asked.

“Yeah, I think I will be alright.” The guy named Brendon said standing beside Pete now.

“What do you want with me?” I barely got out in a whisper.

“Pete, her neck has no bite marks.” Brendon said examining my neck.

I saw the other two guys finally stand behind Pete and Brendon with the crossbow aimed at me. I was still powerless to move and couldn’t explain it. I was scared for my life now.

“Vampires can’t be real.” I tried telling myself looking at Brendon again.

“Amanda, we won’t hurt you. But we need you right now to help us. I will explain later.” Pete said. “I’m sorry we have to meet like this. But you need to sleep now.” Pete added making me fall asleep and collapse in his arms.