She's so Cute When She Sleeps

(Pete’s POV)

“She’s so cute when she sleeps rather than attacking.” Brendon said as I laid Amanda down on my bed.

“I guess so.” I said laughing. “She got you good.” I added.

“I wasn’t going to hurt her. I told her that.” Brendon said.

“Well we did break into her home and kidnap her. She has a right to be scared and angry. She just took it out on you.” I said still laughing at Brendon.

“Very funny, laugh it up.” He said. “Do you need me to stay here in case she wakes up and you need back up?” Brendon asked standing by my door.

“No. Unlike you, I can handle it. I made her not move didn’t I, earlier? She won’t attack me.” I said still smiling.

“Alright, have it your way. But remember your plan and don’t fall in love with her. I just hope her friend isn’t as feisty.” Brendon said.

“Oh, who’s the one that’s getting smitten with who, now?” I asked

“That’s it; I’m going to my room now, Pete.” Brendon said closing the door.

“Alright, Amanda, it is just you and me now.” I said pulling her hair behind one ear. She did look so peaceful sleeping. I had better watch it. I have a mission to fulfill. I need Amanda. I can’t let myself develop anything for her. I need her to help me bring down her father. I just can’t believe that he hasn’t had her made into a vampire yet.

It has been awhile since I have brought home a girl. But seriously who would want to fall for me anyway? I can’t go out in the sun and I need blood to survive.

I saw that Amanda was starting to wake up so I walked over to a chair in my room and sat down. I just hoped she would understand why I brought her here. I want her father to pay for what he has done to Brendon and me and many other innocent people. And I knew that Amanda was important to him in some way or she would already be dead.

“Oh, it was just a terrible dream.” Amanda said not fully awake yet. Then she looked at the bed she was in.

“Wait, this isn’t my bed!” She said sitting straight up and looking right at me. “You!” She said starting to get up.

“Don’t make me have to make you be still again.” I said getting up and walking towards her. “My friends and I will not hurt you. There are some things you need to know.” I said sitting beside her.

She had a look of fear in her eyes but she didn’t move. I guess maybe she was trying to trust me and process why she was where she was. Then I saw her eyes change into an understanding that let me know she wouldn’t try anything. Her eyes were a pretty shade of blue.

“First, where am I? Is your friend a vampire? You say you won’t hurt me but are you?” She asked.

“Only one question at a time.” I said laughing. “I know you are confused and scared but I will explain. I don’t want to hurt you and neither do my friends.” I tried to say reassuringly.

“I need my phone.” She said out of the blue.

“That’s not possible right now. You might try to call the cops or something and I can’t let you do that now.” I said frustrated.

“No. I don’t care what you want with me; I am worried about my friend Sam. Do you know her? You seemed to follow me and Erelin around. Oh no, Erelin!” She said starting to get upset.

“Actually, your friend Sam is fine. We know her. She’s here.” I said.

“What? Is she alright? Is she scared?” Amanda asked.

“Well, not exactly. You can see her later. She fell in love with our friend Jake. They met as we were spying on you guys. He fell in love with her and yeah, for three months now they have secretly been seeing each other from you and Erelin knowing.” I said.

“Ok, everything is not making sense right now. But she is alright.” Amanda said.

“Now, can I tell you why you are here and explain everything?” I asked her.

“Wait. Let me see your face clearly. I want to look in your eyes. I can tell when someone is lying to me or not.” She said scooting closer to me.

“Would you be scared if I told you there were vampires and that besides Brendon being one which you saw, I am one too? And that we will not hurt you?” I asked her.

“Not unless your eyes tell me differently.” She said staring into my eyes.

I think she was beginning to make me see her differently than just being the enemy’s daughter. Her eyes were staring into my soul. Am I wrong to use her now for my revenge? Maybe Amanda was innocent in all this mess as Brendon thought and told me once before. And her friend Sam was right all along about Amanda. I just didn’t want to hear it. With looking in her eyes and starting to see her personality am I falling for her?