Matters Of The Heart

(Pete’s POV)
“Look what I have; your precious girlfriend. It won’t matter now. Her father will be here any minute! Everyone back off or I will kill her. I am not afraid people to do whatever I have to do to survive!” Colin screamed as I got up to him and saw he had Amanda with a knife to her throat.

“Colin, you are crazy! Let me go! Don’t you realize you once really did love me as I loved you? What happened to that Colin? What happened to the one who wanted to marry me and protect me; not hurt me?” Amanda said seeing how he had the knife not exactly to her neck but close.

“Amanda, I’m sorry.” Colin said looking at Amanda. For a minute I thought he was going to let her go.

“Please, don’t hurt her. I…I love her.” I said ready to jump on Colin the minute the knife is away from Amanda.

“You love me?” She asked shocked.

“Are you willing to protect her no matter the cost from her father?” Colin asked starting to soften up a bit.

“They’re here!” Some of Colin’s men said running into the warehouse.

“I will. Please don’t hurt her.” I said seeing some of Amanda’s father's men come in trying to surround the place.

“How do we get out of here?” Erelin asked Ryan.

“Take her! We will buy you some time.” Colin said pushing Amanda towards me. “Follow Ryan. He will lead you guys out of here through the secret passage out back there.” He said pointing at Ryan. “Oh, Amanda, I am sorry. Thank you for bringing me back to my senses a bit." Colin shook his head. "These vampires have made me lose my mind. I was trying to use you to get away when I should have asked you for help.” Colin said to Amanda.

Then I watched Amanda as I fought off some of her father’s guards that rushed into the place and made it to where we were standing. She walked back over to Colin. She kissed his cheek as he handed her back her necklace. I scanned the room to see the others made it out safely including Brendon.

“Here, you keep this.” She said putting the necklace I gave her on his neck after Colin tried to give it back to her. “Thank you, Colin. I forgive you.” Amanda kissed his cheek and then walked back over to me, knocking down a vampire that tried to grab her.

“Take care of her Pete or I will come after you. Now, go!” He yelled as I grabbed Amanda’s hand.

“Come on!” I said running with her as fast as I could out the way the others went out of the warehouse.

We made it out of the warehouse through a secret tunnel and up to a hill. I scanned the area for the others but didn’t see them. Did Ryan take them a different way? Was there more than one tunnel leading out of the warehouse? Amanda looked down the hill.

“We have to go back. We have to save Colin and the others left in there that are fighting off my dad’s goons. Pete, I can’t leave him in there.” Amanda said.

“We can’t. If we go your dad will get you for sure now that he knows you know who he is. Colin got us out in time but he made his bed. He called your dad and he kidnapped you and endangered your friends. Did you forget that? There is nothing I can do. He has to lie in it.” I said grabbing Amanda’s shoulders.

“No! I loved him once and he didn’t do what he wanted after all.” She said starting to run down the hill towards the warehouse.

“Amanda, wait!” I said chasing after her.

All of a sudden there was a blast throwing Amanda and I down to the ground even though we were far enough away from the warehouse. Then I heard Amanda scream and turn to look at me. I grabbed her and held her.

“No.” She sobbed.

“Amanda I’m sorry.” I said holding her tight as she cried in my arms.

“Do you think he made it out in time?” She asked tears streaming.

“I don’t know.” I said.

"Our friends?" She meekly asked.

"Amanda, I.." I didn't finish.

“Do you think my dad was in there?” She asked looking at me this time.

“I know this sounds harsh but I hope he was. Knowing him, he probably was out in a limo and got away when he realized you weren’t in there from a spy of his before the explosion. Come on. Let’s get you home. I'm sure the others had to have made it out." I said helping her up as she stared at the warehouse on fire and smoking.