Goodbye To You And Everything That I Knew

(Brendon's POV)

I was glad to know that Erelin was all right and grateful that she came to help me along with Sam, Rick, and Jenny. Right now, though, as we rushed into the warehouse, my mind focused on finding the vampire that bit Ryan and had him under her control. She worked for Amanda's dad and she may hold the key on how to find and defeat him.

When we arrived in the warehouse, it was a mess. Anything left from the blast, looked destroyed. Debris was everywhere. There were tables and chairs broken, glass, walls knocked over, and already rats in the building. There were also many places to hide now, so everyone needed to be on guard.

"There aren't bodies in here are there?" Erelin whispered.

"No." Rick said. "I am sure the police took them out to prevent any media or people like us to find and make a big deal. I just hope that they did not try to cover up everything and that we can find clues as to who actually set off the warehouse."

"I thought we already knew that it was..." Erelin said getting cut off.

We were in the main room now and we were hearing noises. Jake and the others were also in here somewhere in the dark along with that vampire so we had to keep quiet. I shushed Erelin as I heard footsteps. There was some light from the moon shining in from the windows busted open and large hole in the outer wall to see some without using the flashlights.

It was not quiet for long, however. Sam had stepped back into someone and screamed. Those with flashlights flicked them on and I held onto Erelin for dear life. She was not getting out of my sight.

"Jake, you nearly gave me a heart attack!" Sam said hitting him.

"Sorry! I could not see anything." He replied.

"Anyone see our vampire friend?" Chrissy replied.

"No." I replied.

"Brendon!" Erelin screamed. I turned to see that the vampire had grabbed Erelin as they were hiding behind some debris ready to strike. She had a dagger in her hand and it was already in front of Erelin's neck.

"You hurt her and you die!" I yelled.

"Be careful, Brendon." Jake hollered.

"I want the boy." The female vampire hissed.

Now, I did not like Ryan. The vampire had Erelin. The logical decision for me would be to hand him over in exchange for Erelin, but I knew I could not do that. Besides, vampires cannot be trusted. She would untie Ryan and who knows what would happen. My bet is that he would take off with Erelin.

"We can do this the hard way or the easy way." I said clenching my fists.

"You are totally outnumbered." Chrissy said.

The vampire held onto Erelin with the dagger almost touching her neck. I could see the fear in her eyes and I could hear how fast her heart was beating. I had to do something.