The Attempted Rescue

As I walked out of the room so Pete and my mother could talk and one of the guards closed the door so that they could not be bothered, I studied the guards carefully. One of the guards looked a taller than me and had what I call dirty blonde hair. He was kind of cute, which I know I should not be thinking at a time like this. The other vampire guard did not look as friendly.

"So, how long have you been working for my mother?" I asked the blonde vampire as we followed the other guard down a hall.

"I'm not really supposed to be talking to you. You are off limits." He replied.

"Well, I don't bite, oh, no pun intended." I said feeling stupid. That was a stupid thing to say, Amanda.

He laughed and said, "The name is Adam, kid."

"Kid?" I asked annoyed.

"Well, you would kill me if I called you beautiful. Or your boyfriend would kill me." Adam laughed. He had a gorgeous smile. I had better watch it. I think I was starting to blush.

"So how did you end up here with my mother?"  I asked since the other vampire was not going to make small talk.

"It's a long story.  But I came here to this city with my best friend before I was turned." He painfully replied. "I don't know where my friend William is now. We were separated. I hope he was able to get out of this city. A girl turned me; of course, I took out on a date. I didn't know she was a vampire. Your mother and some of her men found me and I trained here to fight the good fight. That's the short version." Adam replied.

"I see. I really am sorry for the question." I said feeling so embarrassed for no reason.

"It is really, ok, Amanda." He said giving me that melting smile again. He was so nice once he was talking to me.

"Maybe we will see each other again now that my friends and mother will be helping you guys." I said smiling back at Adam.

About that time, I heard a noise from around the corner of a hallway we needed to get to. I stopped as Adam signaled me to stay behind and not to move as he went up ahead where his guard friend had disappeared to. I heard silence and I could not take it anymore. I stuck my head around the corner to the left and from the right I was grabbed from behind with a hand over my mouth.

I went to scream and was about to knee my kidnapper when the hand let go and I heard a, "Whoa! Oh, no you will not, missy."

"I am not having you do that again!" Brendon said as I turned around.

"Brendon!" I said seeing he was free and hugging him.

"Wait, what are you doing out?" I asked.

"I came to rescue you guys." I heard Jenny say behind me as I saw everyone had split up and now were all meeting in the hallway of the one I was standing in.

"Adam!" I yelled looking for him and seeing him behind Brendon lying on the floor.

"Brendon, what did you do?" I asked.

"What? I only knocked him out. I didn't kill him if that is what you are implying. What do you care about him for anyway? He is just a guard for your mother." Brendon kneeled beside me after I had walked over to Adam.

"No, he is different. He actually talked to me like a person. I hope he will wake up ok." I said.

"What difference does this make?" Erelin said as I got up away from Adam.

"Yeah, he will be fine. We do not have much time until I am spotted on their cameras, Amanda. You need to take us to Pete." Jenny said.

"You all do realize that Pete is talking to my mother who thinks we are all waiting in that cell and that she was going to release us all, right?" I said looking at everyone.