Brendon's Dilemma

(Brendon's POV)
"Did you ever find Sam?" I asked Erelin as she came back down to the kitchen. I needed a late night snack. I took the packet and hid it behind my back so she didn't have to look at it.

"No. I'm sure she made it to her room by now with the door locked." She said angry. She was cute when she was mad. She had this fire to her.

"I think Jake may give her an earful though for leaving him there." I chuckled.

"I think I am going to say goodnight, take a shower and hop in the bed. It's getting late." She said yawning.

"Well, about our date. I don't eat but it is no excuse for me to not take you somewhere nice. I figure dinner and a movie?" I asked her.

"That sounds great!" She said with her eyes all lit up.

"Ok so around seven ok with you?" I asked her.

"Yes that is fine. Brendon, thank you for trying to rescue me earlier and helping me understand things. It will take some getting used to being around here. I also want to apologize if I stare the wrong way or say something too. I don't mean to it is just I have never known or met a vampire before. I know you are good and won't hurt me, its just I still have to process the whole thing." She said giving me a caring smile.

"I know and it is alright. Erelin, I will say this. You are the only girl I have met as a vampire who hasn't turned me down. Pete and I have saved girls, some of who I wanted to date. I mean I may be a vampire but I am not dead. I want to find someone who accepts me for me. The other girls seemed too afraid even after I saved their life. Or they wanted Pete." I said looking down.

"Hey, I don't think of you as a vampire. You are you, Brendon, and don't you forget it. I don't think there are many vampires who have a soul and you do. For that I am glad or none of us would be here." She said walking to me and kissing me on the cheek considering I probably had dried blood on my lips.

"Night, Erelin." I said as she turned to leave.

"Night, Brendon." She said walking away.

I finished my packet then went upstairs to my own room. I liked everything about Erelin. Plus she had a great personality who could keep me on my toes when need be. I just hoped we could carry our conversations on our date. I got ready for bed and fell fast asleep.

My alarm woke me up at 11 am. I was not a morning person which is funny because I used to be before I was changed. I showered and got ready early for me and Erelin's date.

I walked downstairs to see that Amanda was making breakfast for everyone in the house. There were pancakes, hash browns, French toast and eggs. It all looked good; too bad I couldn't eat it.

"Brendon, sweetie can you help me out?" She asked.

"Sure, what's up?" I asked.

"Will you get everyone and tell them I made breakfast for them. I want to thank them for welcoming me, Erelin, and Sam into their group." She said.

"Sure." I said going to get everyone who could eat.

When my job was finished I went into the entertainment room and watched some movies. Shortly after, Erelin came up and joined me after she finished her breakfast. We cuddled on the couch all day until time for me to take her out to dinner and whatever movie she wanted to see.

I took her to this awesome Irish pub. She fell in love with the décor on the walls for it was all stuff that had come from Ireland. And she even tried something new to eat.  Everything was going great until after we had finished dinner. As Erelin and I walked out of the restaurant I had chosen for her, we were attacked by the same thugs it looked like from last night.

I tried to fight them off but was overwhelmed. At first I had Erelin back behind me to protect her until it got too much and I told her to run to her car and lock the doors. I wanted her to be safe.

"Don't show them your fangs." She whispered before she ran off.

However that didn't go as we wanted it to. I was held down and I saw Erelin being grabbed by two guys. She was fighting with all her might to get loose. That sent the fangs flying out. I didn't care that our attackers were non vampires. When I get my hands on them they are going to pay.

"Don't hurt her. What do you want?" I growled to the guys who had me.

"Hey, Colin, we got ourselves a vampire here." One guy said.

"Interesting." The Colin guy said walking over to me and bringing Erelin with him.

"Colin, when Amanda finds out what you are doing you are so going to get it. I hope she tears into you one day." Erelin said.

"Good. I plan on her seeing me soon." He said raising something I couldn't see.

"No!" I heard Erelin scream.

I was going out. Colin had hit me over the head with something and I faded into darkness. When I awoke, I found myself in some alleyway with the sun coming up and no Erelin beside me. This wasn't good and I needed to get out of the sunlight fast before it turned me into dust.