Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder/Torn Between Two Lovers

"So are you going to help me win Erelin?" Brendon asked after he barged in Pete's room and explained what happened to him this morning.

"Well, I wouldn't say that I would help you win Erelin because she is not a prize; she is a person who has her own mind. But I will help you in that I will talk to her and keep my eyes and ears open. I don't understand how you two could be hitting it off so well up until our kidnappings and then she's all over Ryan again. He really hurt her. I even told her to stay away from him when they dated. I just knew he would break her heart." I said walking over to hug Brendon.

I really felt sorry for him. I don't know what Erelin is thinking but she is passing up a great opportunity to be with a guy who really loves her; granted he is a vampire but hey why should that matter? I thought she had been over Ryan for at least a year. How could her feelings come back just like that? My feelings for Colin didn't change.

"Thank you, Amanda." Brendon whispered. "You know what's funny? I could have had any girl I wanted when I was alive and now that I'm not I can't find a girl to love me just for me. I thought Erelin wanted to try things with me. Really, I'm a good guy." Brendon said trying to plead his case to me.

"Brendon, I already will help you. I know what kind of person you are, remember? I'm not the one you need to tell these things to." I said smiling and looking at Pete.

"She is right you know. Just always be yourself Brendon." Pete said walking over to me and putting his arm around me.

"Shoot, I'd take you if I wasn't um, talking to someone else." I said laughing.

"Hey, I was going to say!" Pete said tickling me.

"Thanks guys, I feel a little better." Brendon said. "But oh I volunteer you before she does to go shopping with her and the other girls I am sure for Ryan. I think she plans being out all day and night because I asked her on a date and then she bailed for this. She asked me if I could take a raincheck." Brendon said as he walked to the door.

"What!" She blew you off for him?" I yelled.

"Yes." He responded.

"I'm going to have a talk with that girl. What is she thinking?" I asked upset.

"Amanda, calm down. Brendon, I will try to get on Ryan's buddy side and see what kind of dirt I can find for you. In the meantime don't start or pick a fight with him. Just stay far away from him as possible. I don't want to see one of my best friends turn into dust." Pete said shutting the door after Brendon nodded his head then left.

"I don't like this at all. I don't want to go shopping with him. Why should I go?" I asked pouting.

"I don't like you going either with your dad's spies out but it would be safer this way as you all would be going as a group. Plus, who is better at watching your friends backs anyways?" Pete said grinning at me.

"Yeah, yeah." I said sighing. "But if something happens on our date tonight then maybe she will cancel and have a date with Brendon." I said.

"Hey, we don't want anything to happen on our date." Pete said not liking what I said.

"No, nothing bad, just what if we didn't come home for the night. Ooh then Erelin would flip and turn to Brendon for comfort since he is your friend." I said getting ideas a turning in my head.

"Come here you." Pete said grabbing me and twirling me to him.

Our eyes met and I realized I needed to still get ready. I was still wearing last night's horrible clothes. I pulled away.

"Hey, no love?" Pete asked as I stepped away.

"I need to shower and figure out what to wear tonight. You are not to see me until it is time for our date." I said laughing.