Wipe That Smile Off Your Face

(Brendon's POV)

Ryan was a mood killer for Erelin and me. After Pete had finally dragged him away I asked Erelin if she wanted to watch a movie and fall asleep to it. She told me some excuse on that she was tired and wanted to go to bed but I knew the real reason.

When Erelin left, I turned on the tv in my room and sulked. I had a girl who I thought liked me for me but it seems I guessed I was wrong. I can't give up though. I really care about Erelin and I can see that she is only going to get her heart broken again by Ryan. Vampires or not he will leave her again and I can sense that. I just wish she could see it.

I finally fell asleep and when I awoke, I decided I would ask Erelin out on a date provided I beat Ryan to the punch. I hate that I have to compete for Erelin but I know we belong together. I just have to make her see.

I showered then headed downstairs to hear her laughing. When I turned the corner and walked into the kitchen I saw none other than Ryan tickling Erelin. I clinched a fist behind my back.

"Well, it seems you are both awake this morning." I said.

"Yeah, I was eating breakfast with Jenny but she was called away by Rick outside. Then Ryan here came down to join me for some cereal." Erelin said grinning.

"Hey, I wanted to ask you something." I said trying to act all calm and ignore anything Ryan had to say.

"Ok, what is it?" She asked.

"Do you want to go out to dinner and dancing?" I asked.

"Um, I can't. I told Ryan that I would show him around here and that we were going to stay in and have a movie night with popcorn tonight. Raincheck?" She asked with those pretty eyes of hers and flashing me a smile. How could I say no to that?

"Ok, tomorrow then?" I asked.

"That is doable." She replied.

"Erelin and I are going to go take a swim." Ryan said in a rubbing it in your face kind of way.

"Oh, yeah, I better go change seeing how you are already in trunks?" She asked.

"Yeah, Jake gave me a bunch of stuff since I can't go get mine." Ryan replied.

"Oh you poor thing. How about tomorrow, we as in the girls, take you out shopping?" Erelin asked.

"That would be great." Ryan said smiling and giving me looks when Erelin wasn't looking.

"But you said we could go out tomorrow." I replied.

"Oh, honey, you understand right? Ryan needs clothes. He can't keep wearing Jake's." She replied giving me a kiss on the cheek before heading upstairs to change.

"Looks like your plans changed." Ryan said laughing.

"Shut up." I said clinching my fists but trying to keep my cool for Erelin's sake.

"You see me and Erelin have a history that you wouldn't understand." Ryan said as I went to get a blood packet out of the fridge.

"Oh really and what would that be?" I asked.

"We both love the sun. See, I can give her what you can't." Ryan said flipping up the blinds and curtains on the bay windows. "Daylight." He said laughing as I had dropped to the floor and ducked behind the bar away from the sun shining through the windows.

I let my fangs come out. This was business. I was going to hurt him. I heard Erelin come back in the kitchen however and pulled my fangs back in.

"I'm ready. Where did Brendon go?" She asked not seeing me because I was behind the bar.

"Oh, I think he went back to his room." Ryan said snickering a bit.

Erelin and Ryan left the kitchen and headed out towards the pool. That slime ball was moving in on my territory. It was too bad I was trapped here behind the bar. Just then I heard the back door open.

"Erelin?" I asked.

"No, it is just me and Rick." Jenny said.

"Oh, good can you do me a favor?" I asked.

"Uh, Brendon why are you behind the bar?" Rick asked.

"I'm getting to that. Can you close the blinds on the windows?" I asked.

"Sure!" Jenny said running over to fix the blinds.

"It's safe to come out now." Rick replied smiling a bit.

"How did they get like that?" Jenny asked.

"Your new buddy, Ryan did. Thanks to him I may be losing Erelin." I said flying out of the kitchen and up to Pete's room. I was mad and I needed him to talk to.

I didn't care if he was alone or not so I just barged in his room to find him and Amanda in a make out session. "Doesn't anyone know how to knock anymore?" Pete asked as he rose up from the bed.

"Sorry but I am going to kill Ryan." I said angry.

"Oh, and what did lovely Mr. Ryan do this time?" Amanda asked. As I recall, I think she is on my side. I don't think she liked Ryan so if I stay on her good side maybe she will help me out.

"Ryan almost killed me. He flipped the blinds up in the kitchen that protects us, Pete. I had to quickly duck behind the bar and onto the floor." I said.

"Did you say something to piss him off?" Pete asked.

"Whose side are you on, Pete?" I asked.

"Yours but what happened?" He asked concerned.

And there it was. I told Amanda and Pete all about how he is treating Erelin to her face and what he said before he opened up the blinds. I told them everything I needed to say and for once I was hoping they could help me show Erelin that I am the one she wants in her life. I am the one who will never leave her or betray her. I am the one who has fallen in love with her.