Homeward Bound/What Have You Done To Me?

(Pete’s POV)
I walked with Amanda until we found a road that led back up to the warehouse. We went in the opposite direction but jumped into the woods when we heard fire trucks and the police coming to investigate the warehouse blast. I am guessing Colin somehow rigged it to blow up.

Nothing was said between us as we walked until we found a restaurant to which we called a cab. Amanda went into the bathroom to clean up her cuts and bruises she had. I sat and waited for her. I knew she was in shock of what happened and I know she is upset. She lost the man she thought she loved along time ago and now was worried about all of our friends and if they had escaped.

“The cab is here.” I said seeing it pull up through a window of the restaurant.

“Are you cold?” I asked Amanda as I saw her shiver.

“I’m fine.” She said with tired eyes.

“Here, put this on.” I said giving her my red hoodie with a bat on the front.

After she put it on we walked out to the cab and got in. I told the driver where to take us. I wanted him to drop us off a mile away from Rick’s house just to be careful that the driver wasn’t a spy. We would walk the rest of the way home.

“Amanda, I am sorry for what happened. I know you are upset right now but I wish you would say something.” I said trying to get her to talk to me.

“Is it true you love me?” She asked turning to look at me instead of the window with her pretty but tired, worn out blue eyes. “I mean I understand if you only meant it because you thought Colin was going to hurt me.” She said looking back at the window.

To tell you the truth, I didn’t know what I felt. I liked being around Amanda and I thought we were hitting it off well but I barely know her. How could I love her? Did I blurt that out to save her or do I have some deeper feelings?

“Amanda, I really do like you. Before this craziness, I thought we were hitting it off well. But, I can’t say I am in love with you. I was scared that Colin was going to hurt you and it came out.” I said grabbing her hand.

“Really, it is alright Pete. You aren’t the first guy to tell me that.” She said kind of smiling but jerking her hand away from mine.

“No it isn’t alright. I would like to see where this thing between us could go. That is if you feel something for me other than us being friends.” I said.

“It’s late and I am tired. I just possibly lost an ex of mine and I am worried about our friends. I am sorry I brought it up. I shouldn't  focus on something like that right now.” She said looking at me with hurt eyes.

The cab stopped at the corner of a street I told the cab driver to stop at. Amanda and I got out and started walking towards the mansion. Neither one of us spoke until we reached the house and saw Chris and Rick's cars in the driveway area. The both of us were relieved as we stepped into the place to find all of friends running over to hug us, glad that Amanda and I were ok.

*************************

As soon as Pete and I stepped into the mansion everyone came running over to hug us and tell us that they were ok. I just kind of smiled a half smile. Mainly I was happy that my friends were all right but also because I was tired. My emotions were going crazy right now and all I wanted to do was shower and be alone for awhile.

“Amanda, are you ok?” Sam asked me.

“Did Colin make it out too?” Ryan asked me as he walked over by me.

There were so many questions. My head was spinning and I felt dizzy like I was going to faint. I almost did but Pete caught me.

“Easy there.” He said as he caught me. “I think Amanda needs some rest. I will fill you guys in later. Colin didn’t make it out we don’t think but Amanda’s dad got away I’m sure. And you, Ryan, I need to talk to you. I don’t get why you are here.” Pete said picking me up and carrying me up the steps.

So Erelin brought Ryan here. I wonder how Brendon is feeling right now. I like Brendon and after how he tried to help me today I have more respect for him. I hope Erelin knows what she is doing. I also hope that we can protect Ryan from the vampire that has him partially under their control too now that he is here.

“Here you go, Amanda.” Pete said laying me down on my bed. “I guess I will leave you alone now so you can rest and gather your thoughts. It’s been a long night.” Pete said heading to my bedroom door.

“Pete.” I said.

“Yeah?” He replied turning around.

“Please don’t go.” I said sitting up with tears forming.

“But I thought you wanted to be alone.” He said.

“I did but now I need a friend and I want that friend to be you.” I said about to cry.
Pete walked over to my bed and sat down beside me. How was I to tell him how I feel about what happened tonight? The explosion and everything just keeps playing over and over in my head. I can’t get it to stop.

“Pete, every time I close my eyes I see it. I see the explosion. I remember what happened with Colin. It won’t stop. I wanted Colin to be stopped but I didn’t want him to die.” I sobbed.

“Amanda this isn’t your fault if that is what you think.” Pete said trying to comfort me and wipe away my tears.

“I just can’t believe Colin went crazy from the vampires. He used to love me. I used to love him. We were going to get married of all things. We thought we were two crazy kids in love. Little did I know he was messing around with a vampire when I came home and found him in bed that night I thought he cheated on me. If I had only known, maybe I could have stopped it. Maybe I could have staked her. She wouldn’t have killed me anyways because of my dad.” I said letting everything I was thinking out.

“But you didn’t know and that is ok. It wasn’t your fault.” Pete said holding me close.

“Colin is dead because of me.” I said in a whisper.

“Don’t say that. Look at it this way; he saved your life from your dad. I didn’t like the guy crazy or not. He hurt you and I couldn’t let anything happen to you. I care about you too much, Amanda. But he wasn’t all that bad I have to admit if he let you go with me.” Pete said reassuring me.

“Maybe but I still see everything over and over again in my head. I thought that talking about it would help but it hasn’t.” I said looking into his tired, caring eyes. I can tell Pete does care for me and I know he does in his own way.

“Amanda, close your eyes.” Pete said as I couldn’t take my eyes off his. It was like I was mesmerized by them. I closed them as he said after he nodded at me to do what he said.
The events kept replaying as my eyes were closed. I was in shock. My body can’t handle what happened to me. My muscles keep twitching as they did earlier as well.

I felt warm lips brush against mine sparking some kind of life in me. I kissed back as arms wrapped around me tight pulling me into an embrace. Suddenly it was like I was flooded with good emotions. I liked being close to Pete. How was I feeling happy when I felt I should still feel sad?

Then I felt a prick at first which became a bite on my neck. This wasn’t the plan. I tried to open my eyes but couldn’t. Why was Pete biting me? Then in a rush I felt really calm.

Everything that happened today seemed like a blur. No longer did I see what happened to me play over and over in my head. It was like I could focus again.

Pete let go and I opened my eyes just long enough to fall onto his shoulder. I became very tired but I tried to fight to stay awake. Pete wouldn’t let me see his face.

“Sleep.” He said in a calming way. And with that sleep won out as I drifted off leaning against him with my head on his shoulder.