Not You Too

(Erelin’s POV)
“Someone get the name of that bus that ran over me.” I said aloud as I tried to focus on where I was. I remember now. Colin drugged me and kidnapped me.

“Brendon!” I yelled realizing I was blindfolded and had my hands tied behind my back to a chair.

“Well, you are finally awake.” I heard a familiar voice say. It certainly wasn’t Colin’s.

“So help me if you hurt Brendon I will hurt you.” I screamed trying to untie my hands.

“Relax, Brendon is fine. I just don’t get what you see in him. He’s a vampire. You do realize that don’t you?” The voice said.

“Of course I realize that, only he is good. Unlike you whoever you are.” I said.

“Erelin I am surprised you don’t remember me. It has been only a year since we last spoke.” The voice said again. His voice sounded familiar but maybe older?

I tried to think hard. I couldn’t see his face so I have to rely on memory to help me remember who he is. I got it. He is wearing the same cologne my ex Ryan…it can’t be!

“Ryan?” I asked confused as to why he is here.

“You got it babe. If you promise to behave I will take your blindfold off.” Ryan said.

He approached cautiously and took my blindfold off. My eyes adjusted to the light and I found myself staring into Ryan’s eyes. They were so different now. He has changed.

“Why are you doing this? You were my friend and my fiancé at one time. We shared so much and now you want to hurt me?” I asked. I noticed he had bite marks on his neck.

“I am doing this love for your own good. I don’t want to see you get hurt by that vampire. I still love you and want to protect you. I want us to leave together this city and escape. Colin just wanted to lure Amanda here to get her away as well and now…” He said getting cut off by me.

“Ryan, if Amanda is here and she gets hurt, you are going to be in big trouble. Not only is her dad going to kill you, Pete her new guy will tear into Colin and maybe you as well. Besides aren’t you a vampire too? I mean I see the marks on your neck. I don’t trust you anymore and I don’t want to run away with you.” I said looking away from Ryan.

“I am not a vampire but good or not, Brendon and Pete are not to be trusted. A vampire is a vampire and they will take what they want when they want it. You may be safe now from Brendon but what about tomorrow or the next day when he suddenly has the urge to bite you. Then what?” He asked.

“Brendon wouldn’t do that to me. You see I may not have known him for very long but I have seen his memories and feel his emotions. I trust him right now then I do you. I haven’t heard from you in a year. You just up and left everyone. How was I to react to that? And now you want to kidnap me and try to hurt my friends. I don’t think so.” I replied.

“It’s not what you think. I didn’t want to leave. I wanted to stay and try to get back with you. I wanted to get married and I never stopped loving you, Erelin. You have to believe me.” Ryan pleaded.

“Whatever.” I said rolling my eyes. "You have a funny way of loving me!"

“I was bitten last year. I was one of the first groups to not be killed. I work for Amanda’s father, yes, but I was bitten by one of his associates that he had turned. There are a few of us here such as Colin who are kept around for a fix as the vampires call it. We keep peace in the city during the day to make sure everyone doesn’t suspect anything for Amanda’s dad and we keep our lives. However, when a vampire needs a quick fix that is where we come in. I can’t fight it. The vampires have control over us and there is no escape. But with Amanda we are guaranteed safe passage out of the city.” Ryan explained.

“So you know your plan wouldn’t work because her dad would find you. Your vampire buddy would be calling for you and come after you.” I said.

“Not if we keep Amanda as a hostage. Colin said he knows Amanda will do it to protect you and Sam and that he knows deep down she still cares about him.” Ryan said.

“Colin is sick and delusional. Amanda would never love him again and she likes Pete. Colin just wants to save his ass and doesn’t care who he hurts in the process, Ryan. He is using you. Let me go. I can help you as well as Amanda and Brendon as much as you don’t like it. We can protect you and kill your vampire you go to.” I said.

“I am sorry Erelin I couldn’t call you and warn you sooner.” Ryan said. “And I am sorry you like a vampire. He will only hurt you.” He added.

“And like you didn’t with all the fights we had and then your disappearing act. Save it.” I said.

“I am sorry it has to be this way.” He said untying me from the chair but leaving my hands tied.

Ryan led me out to a hallway where I was put next to Sam. I was glad to see she was alright. Somehow we would get out of this.

We were in a warehouse of sorts. There were a few other guys guarding us as me and Sam were led into an open area of the warehouse where I saw Brendon standing with Amanda and she didn’t look so hot. I looked at Sam who was worried about Jake as she whispered to me. He was nowhere to be found in the area we were in. We were trapped and the only plan I had was to convince Ryan to let us go.