One Last Kiss Before I Go

(Erelin's POV)

As I watched him take off into the darkness away from the light of my flashlight, I tried to call Rick. "Shit! There is no reception." I said under my breath.

I walked around a bit still keeping my eye on an unconscious Ryan and worried about Brendon. Finally I got a little reception and I dialed Rick's phone. It rang but he finally picked up.

"Hello?" Rick said not knowing which one of us called him.

"Rick, we need your help. Jake, Sam, and Chris are in danger. The vampires are here in our tunnel. Brendon took off after them." I said in between tears of fear and worry.

"Erelin, try and calm down. We are on our way to you. We will call the others and warn them in the warehouse." He said calm.

"Please hurry. Ryan went nuts and we knocked him unconscious and I am to be keeping an eye..." I froze.

"Erelin?" Rick said on the other line.

"Shit, not now!" I said hanging up on him and chasing after a missing Ryan.

I took my eye off him only one time and he wakes up and takes off. If he hurts Brendon or gets to the other vampires we are dead. I ran as fast as I could. Why did Pete have to decide of all days to take Amanda out tonight?

I somehow had flashed my flashlight down the tunnel and saw I had caught up to Ryan. "Ryan! Come back here!" I said taking a running start and leaping on him. I knocked him to the ground and sat on top of him.

"Ryan, I am not going to let you hurt anyone or yourself." I said trying to hold him down; which Ryan was stronger then me, but I had to do something.

"Erelin, let go. I don't want to hurt you." Ryan said.

"Then I guess you are going to have to hurt me because I will not let you hurt Brendon or warn the vampires." I said looking at him. "You know you can fight whatever feeling it is you are having towards the one who bit you. You just have to be strong." I said with him grabbing me and pushing me off of him.

I grabbed his legs as he tried to get up. He tried to kick me but failed. How much longer can I do this?

I heard Brendon's voice and I somehow managed to push my way past Ryan. At this point I wasn't really worried about saving Ryan anymore. Brendon was outnumbered and in trouble and well, he needed my help.

Ryan got up and chased me, grabbing me and pushing me up against the wall. I saw the look in his eyes and he wasn't himself. He was under that vampire's total control. How do I get through to him?

"I can't let you find him." Ryan said.

"Ryan, I am asking you nicely. Let me go." I said all calm.

"I'm not letting you in there for them to grab you too." He said sort of concerned for me but a little late.

"Brendon needs my help. Now, whether you want my help or not in saving you that is another issue but I am going. Now please let me go." I said again.

"One last kiss?" Ryan asked leaning in closer to me.

"Fine." I said as he kissed me which gave me the distraction I needed. I kneed him in the groin which made him let go of me. I then grabbed my flashlight and stakes off the ground and took off towards Brendon's voice leaving a stunned Ryan behind.

I made it to Brendon. He was getting the shit knocked out of him and so I dove right into the fight not caring and started staking whoever I could. We were surrounded by ten vampires. They had almost made it into the warehouse entrance but apparently when they heard our voices and knew Ryan was here they came after us. But they didn't expect Brendon to charge after them.

We were seriously outnumbered but then as I had fell onto the ground from a vampire, help arrived. It was in the form of Sam, Jenny, and Rick with a tied up Ryan behind. Man was I glad to see them.

Brendon picked me up after staking the vampire looming over me and soon all were killed except the one who had bitten Ryan. She managed to go through the warehouse entrance from the tunnel. Rick called Jake to warn him and the others and together we took off after her. Brendon had my hand and we smiled that each of us was ok. I looked back at Ryan who had tape on his mouth and a rope around his hands. I smiled and knew that Jenny must have done that. Rick taught her well.