Long Live The Car Crash Hearts/I Miss You

I woke up, wrapped up in a sheet with Pete lying beside me. I turned my head to see his face. He was sleeping soundly with a smile and he had his arm wrapped around me, as if I was his property. I smiled remembering what a chaotic and amazing night we had.

I slowly got up careful not to wake him up and found our clothes. I grabbed my watch that was on the floor to check out the time. It was around seven am. Then I proceeded to get dressed but I put on Pete's hoodie.

I figured it was too early to call Erelin and I really did not want to go shopping this morning, so I thought I would call in a few hours to give out where Pete and I were. I needed to give everyone time to figure out that we never came home last night. In the meantime, I was in a creative mood.

I went and found some paint supplies and an easel. Since Pete looked so, adorable sleeping I wanted to capture the moment and it was the least I could do. It was not fair that he could never see his reflection again in a mirror or pictures.

I began to paint him and ended up losing track of time. I glanced at my watch to see that it was almost eleven so I quit painting and grabbed some change I had on me for the phone.

Then, I made sure no one suspicious was lurking around when I opened the front door, knowing that my dad would have spies trying to find me, and headed downstairs to go out of the building complex. I left the door unlocked so that I could get back into the building.

I crossed the street and made it to the pay phone. So many cars were out this morning. I put the money in and dialed Erelin's cell. After about five rings she picked up sounding groggily.

"Hello?" Erelin asked.

"Hey, it's me. Listen, Pete and I are stranded, at an apartment of one of my professor's." I said.

"What! You mean you two didn't come home last night?" She asked confused.

"No, we were ambushed at the club and had to run to safety. I am at the..." I said before I was cut off.

A serious wreck just occurred in front of me. I saw everything that happened. I hung up the phone to see if anyone was hurt. But when I stepped out of the pay phone booth many people were already running to the scene and I heard too many cop cars and an ambulance on their way from a few streets away. I took off running hoping that the victims would be alright and hiding from anyone that may recognize me.

***************

(Pete's POV)

I woke up with no Amanda beside me. I looked around to see that it was daylight already so I knew it had to be somewhere around afternoon time. I got up and got dressed noticing that my hoodie was gone. Amanda must have it, which made me smile to picture her in it.

"Amanda?" I asked searching the kitchen and other rooms of the apartment.

Where is she? She was not in any of the rooms or the bathroom. Then it occurred to me that she was going to use the pay phone across the street. I just hoped that she was careful.

I walked back into the area where we had spent the night together. Last night was amazing. I never knew I could feel so much for someone as I do for Amanda. I don't care anymore that she is my enemy's daughter.

I was so anxious to see Amanda and worried about her that I had not noticed at first a painting that she had left me. I had bumped into the easel almost knocking the painting over as I was trying to clean up the sheets and pillows. I grabbed the painting in time preventing it from falling.

"Wow! Amanda did this?" I asked aloud.

It was a painting of me sleeping. Every detail was amazing and accurate. I could not believe that she did this for me. No one has ever painted or given me something as wonderful as this before, and it was from her heart how she sees me. Amanda has many talents. It just makes up even more reasons why I have fallen for her.

I went to grab my phone but then remembered it was dead. I wanted Amanda to hurry up and come back to thank her. I hope she was all right. It sucked that I could not go to the window and look out to see her but then again, it should not have taken her this long to run to the pay phone and back.

All of a sudden, I heard this loud car crash making me jump. Then I heard sirens going off. Amanda was down there somewhere and I hoped that she was not hurt, or seen by the cops.

I suddenly had a bad feeling go off in the bottom of my stomach, one I did not like. Amanda should have been back by now and with the crash, I was getting worried. Something was wrong and I had no way of getting a hold of her or my friends. I just hoped that she is safe, hiding from the cops and that she told someone where we are back home. All I could do was to wait until nightfall for someone to come get me and hope Amanda comes back here soon. I cannot lose her, not now, or ever.