Jenny To The Rescue

(Rick's POV)

"That was a close one." Erelin said. "Was that Jenny?" She added.

"Yes it was." I said after I whipped my cell out to check who called. Sure enough, it was Jenny.

"By the way, who has CrushCrushCrush on their phone as a ring tone for their fiancé?" Brendon said starting to tease me.

"Uh, we happen to like Paramore. Is that a problem?" I said blushing I think a bit.

After  I said that, however the lights went out in the cell we were in and out  in the hall in front of us as well. Erelin let out a slight scream  thinking that the enemy had gotten in. A few guards ran by and we tried  to listen to what they said.

"Do you think we should notify the boss?" One guard said as he walked by quickly.

"No,  it looks like it is an isolated event. You and the three guards down  the hall check out the area around this part of the cell just to make  sire there are no intruders and report to me once you have checked the  area. Marcus and I will check out the circuit breakers because the rest of  the building has its lights." The head guard as I took it said.

"Brendon,  I am scared. What if Amanda's dad found a way in? What if we die in  here?" Erelin asked looking a bit scared as I opened up my phone for  light.

"I'm not going to let anything happen to you." Brendon said.

We  started to hear noises like there was a fight ensuing down the hall  then we heard nothing. Then, amazingly, the lights came back on.  Everyone looked at each other confused.

We heard some footsteps  coming down the hall and we all stood next to each other to protect one  another in case it was an enemy. What we saw on the other hand was my  fiancé, Jenny. My jaw dropped as she whipped out a tool to pick the lock  on the jail cell.

"Hi, honey. Did you miss me?" She asked picking the lock and unlocking the door for us.

"Uh, but how?" Was all I could get out.

"You  taught me well, remember? I couldn't let you guys sit in here and have  who knows what done to you." Jenny said kissing me on the lips, which I  just gave her a big kiss and a dip like the professional dancers do to  their dance partners.

"Wait, where are the others?" Brendon asked.

"We  don't have much time. Chris and Chrissy are outside luring some of your  captives outside as a distraction. Jake and Sam were the technical  wizards in the van knocking out the power here on their laptops which  gave me just enough time to knock out the goons and get to you." Jenny  said all proudly.

I noticed she was wearing a black tank top and  black cargo pants. Her hair looked cute and she had on some combat  boots. Jenny really went all out.

"Wait, some of these goons are vampires but they are good. You didn't hurt them did you?" Erelin asked.

"No. I only stunned them and knocked them out with my stun gun in the dark." Jenny replied.

"That's my girl." I said squeezing her tight.

"Now, where are Amanda and Pete?" Jenny asked.

"They  are with her mother and I apparently have a lot to fill you in on." I  said impressed she managed a rescue without me to save me.

"Well,  then we don't have much time. Let's go before I am caught on camera  busting you guys out." Jenny said as we ran down the halls looking out  for any goons and trying to find what room Pete and Amanda were in.