Still So Young, Desperate For Attention

(Erelin’s POV)
“Hey, Erelin, you be careful out there. There have been some idiots outside lately.” My boss said as I was ending my shift.

“I will, don’t worry. Night.” I said to my boss.

For the past few months we have seen fewer customers come into my work and order a pizza. I was beginning to wonder why. I opened my purse and grabbed my cell phone. I had forgotten to call Amanda today and I bet that she was worried since we hadn’t heard from Sam. I listened to my voicemail to find Amanda had called me and said she was with Sam.

As I hung up the phone I decided to wait a bit out here in the parking lot by my car so they could find me. My plan was interrupted however when three goons came out of nowhere grabbing me and making me drop my phone.

“Help!” I screamed hoping someone somewhere could hear me. The guys had ski masks on so I couldn’t see their faces and I tried to fight off my attackers but they had a hold onto me tightly.

About that time I saw Sam’s car pull into the parking lot with her and Amanda and the two guys I recognized from the club last night. I bit down on one guys hand so he would get his hand off my mouth and screamed. Everyone came running and I heard one guy say, “She’s not the one we are looking for.” It’s her!” He said pointing then taking off.

One guy pushed me and I fell into the one cute guy who was staring at me in the club. I heard Amanda say, “Sam, make sure she is alright.” Then I saw her take off after one of the goons. Was she crazy? The other guy that I saw at the club chased after Amanda.

“Um, you dropped this.” The cute guy said bending down and getting my cell phone off the ground.

“Uh, thanks.” I said. “Where is Amanda going and is she crazy?” I said to Sam.

“I don’t know what she is doing. Oh, and this is Brendon by the way.” Sam said introducing the cute guy with me.

“Hi. I’m Erelin.” I said shaking his hand. Then I backed up and went, “Wait you know this guy?”

“Yes. We are good friends. His friend that went after Amanda is Pete.” Sam said.

“Oh.” I said a little confused.

“Sam and I have known each other for a few months actually.” Brendon said.

“I am so sorry to not have called you and Amanda last night but you see I uh, um, live with Brendon now.” She said.

“Wait, what?” I said shocked. I see a cute guy who comes to rescue me and he checked me out in a club to find that my other best friend had claimed him?

“I mean not live with him exactly. I live with Jake who is friends with Pete and Brendon. We all live in this mansion together and I have kept it secret from you and Amanda. Anyways I have said enough. I will let Pete explain everything to you.” She said.

“Oh, that’s good that you aren’t living with him.” I said forgetting I said that out loud until it was too late. I felt my face turn red. And I couldn’t help but look at Brendon who had a grin on his face. He was handsome I had to say.

“You are more than welcome to stay with us.” Brendon said.

“Uh, ok?” I said confused. He was telling me I could live there? Wow!

“So, Brendon do you have a job?” I asked trying to make small talk and get over the awkwardness. I really loved looking into his eyes. He had pretty eyes and he was wearing eyeliner of all things. He was really making me start to like him more.

“Yes. I um, help people for a living.” He replied.

“Oh? How?” I asked.

“Well, I came running over to save you, didn’t I?” He asked.

“Yes, but that doesn’t count cause you are with Sam and Amanda.” I said.

“Oh, does it now?” He said laughing.

“So why didn’t you and Pete approach me and Amanda, last night?” I asked. I thought he was cute and he may be a friend of Sam’s but something told me there was more to him then what Sam and he were letting on. I mean why would she keep a guy from us?

“We were afraid you would turn us down if we asked you to dance.” Brendon said leaning against my car.

“I don’t believe you but I like your answer. We would have said yes by the way.” I said winking at him. Brendon just kind of grinned and blushed. It was cute when he grinned; he looked like a little kid.

“How about I ask you out on a date? You do date don’t you?” He asked.

“Of course I date! What kind of silly question is that?” I asked.

“Ok then. Tomorrow night, how bout I take you out to Lentini’s? It is a real Italian restaurant. We can talk or do whatever.” He said.

“Are you paying?” I asked.

“I will do whatever you want. You want me to sing, I will. If you want me to dance, I will.” He replied.

“Ok, ok. I will go out with you.” I said caving in. “Thank you Brendon for coming to my rescue.” I said kissing him on the cheek.

“Ok you guys, get a room!” Sam said turning around from keeping watch.

Brendon and I smiled at each other. I was however happy I was going on a date with a hot guy but now my attention was where Amanda had run off to. She should have come back now with Pete going to get her.

“Do you think Amanda and your friend Pete are alright?” I asked.

“Pete won’t let anything happen to Amanda.” Brendon said reassuring me and placing his hand on my shoulder. I suddenly froze and had chills run down my spine.

“Here they come now.” Sam said. “And Amanda doesn’t look happy.” She added.