Swear To Shake It Up If You Swear To Listen

(Pete’s POV)
Ryan and I walked outside as I led the way. We walked over to a bench and I told him to sit. This was my home and I didn’t want anyone to get attached to Ryan and him possibly turn on everyone. Just because he saved Erelin and everyone else out of the warehouse doesn’t mean he won’t try anything else. He did work for Colin after all.

“Ryan, I want you to be honest with me.” I said.

“Ok.” Ryan said nervously as I stood in front of him leaning on a light pole for the pool.

“We will help you find and defeat the vampire that has you sort of under her control but you have to do something for me.” I said.

“What would that be?” He asked.

“You need to stay away from Erelin.” I said.

“What? Are you kidding me? No way. Now that I found her again, that’s not happening.” He said.

“Then I should throw you back out on the street.” I said.

“That’s not fair. I saved you guys, well, all except you and Amanda.” Ryan said.

“Ryan, Erelin likes Brendon and if I know Brendon he will fight for her.” I said.

“Like biting her to control her into staying with her; over my dead body will that happen! I know your kind. You are vampires whether you have souls are not. You still need blood to survive like the rest of them.” Ryan said angrily.

“Ryan, Brendon does not and will not bite Erelin. It is not in us.” I said.

“Right, like you didn’t bite Amanda?” Ryan said defensively.

“That was different. I only bit her to find where Colin had taken her. I knew he would kidnap her and Brendon so I did that before she left.” I said getting angry and about to let my fangs out.

“Whatever.” Ryan said rolling his eyes.

“Look, you know that my friends and I are the only ones who can stop these vampires. I figure it this way. You need my help regardless so I suggest you get along with me and Brendon as well as everyone else if you want to survive. Don’t hurt Erelin and don’t force her into liking you again. You already broke her heart once.” I said walking away from him.

“Hey, how do you know that?” Ryan asked me following me back into the house.

“I have learned to read people by Amanda. If you care about Erelin, leave her alone. If she chooses you on her own account then that is fine, but if she wants Brendon then I suggest you don’t interfere because you will have a long fight ahead of you. And my money is on Brendon." I said.

“Fine, I will play your game, Pete. I will try to get along with everyone but if Erelin does choose me later or whatever then I want Brendon to back off my case.” Ryan said.

“Sounds fair enough, I guess. Let me show you a room to stay in. You can borrow some of Jake’s clothes until the girls can take you shopping.” I said heading upstairs.

I knocked on Jake and Sam’s door and Jake happend to answer the door. He went and found some clothes he hasn’t worn in awhile and tossed them to Ryan. “Welcome to the family!” He said closing the door in front if us, before Ryan could say a thank you.

As we walked close by Brendon’s room to get to an empty room for Ryan, we heard laughter and I knew that it was coming from Erelin. I was happy to hear her laugh for it hopefully meant that Brendon had talked to her.

I stopped in front of his door to see that Brendon had a hold of Erelin. It made me smile until she saw Ryan and me and quickly hopped away from Brendon. Ryan’s face had a shocked expression on it. Brendon’s had a hurt one from Erelin getting off the bed. Brendon was going to have a long way to go if he was going to win Erelin’s heart.

“Come on bro.” I said showing Ryan his room.