65# We Cry

Chapter 65
Playlist:
We Cry- The Script
Amber
"Wake up!" Grace yelled as she jumped on the bed.
"Grace." Daniel groaned sitting up.
"Today is Saturday! You promised to take me to the park." She cheered.
"If you didn't sit still, we won't take you anywhere!" He rolled his eyes, and finally she sat down between us.
"We have to go to the dancing school first." I sighed getting up and walking toward the bathroom.
"Yes!" She cheered.
"What for? I thought that we agreed to take today off." Daniel spoke up.
"We won't go to dance, Daniel." I shrugged as he stood by my side as I washed my teeth.
"They why should we go?" He repeated.
"I need to talk to sir Brown. After all, we have to find someone else to take your role in that coming performance."
"No one will take my role." He said sternly following me out of the bathroom.
"Grace!" I called out. "Where did she go?"
"She's downstairs! Look at me now," He instructed.
"Okay, we have to agree that from now on, I will take care of everything. I will be the only one to cook for you and I will keep an eye on you at all times. No more gym and no more trainings. You'll get your medication on time-"
"But-"
"No buts! We're both paying for my carelessness, now. Let me be a good wife for once."
"Okay, I will do everything even though I don't agree with your last sentence. You've always been a perfect wife." He sighed.
"Good." I nodded.
"But I can't give up my role in that performance." He whispered holding my hand.
"It's just this one. When you get better, we will perform together." I persuaded.
"I don't want another man feeling your body or touching you." He frowned running his fingers down my sides.
"Are we back to that?" I groaned pushing his hands away.
"I think that it's my right." He stated.
"You shouldn't be close minded like that! We're not dancing at a bar!"
Not answering me, he stepped out of the room.
"Hey! I'm talking to you." I yelled running after him.
"Mummy?" Grace peeked out of the living room.
"Go get your shoes, baby." Daniel smiled kissing the top of her head.
"Daniel." I held his arm making him turn to me.
"Amber!" He mocked making me roll my eyes.
"You promised me." I frowned walking closer to him.
"I will let you do whatever you want, but not this." He replied quietly. "End this discussion, please."
"I can't tie them." Grace whined walking towards us with he untied shoe laces.
"Alright," Daniel smiled kneeling in front of her to tie them.
"I'm going to get dressed." I announced walking back up to our bedroom.
---------
"Stop frowning." Daniel scrunched his nose teasingly as he placed his hand on my thighs.
"I'm just thinking.." I answered quietly.
"Stop thinking, then." He smiled faintly parking the car on the side of the road.
"I want frozen yogurt!" Grace requested once Daniel opened her door. I sluggishly hopped out of the car to walk by his side.
"Alright, princess." He smiled picking her up.
I love how much they get along. Daniel loves to do everything with her. I still remember when he always changed her diapers when she was a baby, how he fed her and how he sings for her every night to sleep. I feel proud for chosing him to be the father of my children. Yeah, sometimes we fight because he spoils her too much, but that doesn't make him a bad father at all.
He's a perfect father to her as much as he's a perfect husband to me.
"Amber!" He nudged my side snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah?" I blinked.
"Which flavour would you like, ma'am?"
"Uh- mango, please." I smiled as Daniel wrapped his free arm around me.
"Here you go." The lady smiled handing each one of us a cup of yougurt.
"Thank you." Daniel smiled handing her a number of dollars.
"Mummy, why aren't you smiling?" Grace frowned.
"I am." I grinned cupping her cheek.
"Hey, go play." Daniel winked at her.
"Okay!" She smiled tunning to a swing while I sat by Daniel on a bench nearby.
"I have to make a phone call." I got up.
"Something's wrong?" He frowned.
"No, don't worry. Just watch Grace and make sure than she doesn't fall or something." I shook my head walking away, so that he won't hear me.
I know that he'd get mad, but he'll thank me later...
"Amber?" Sir Brown picked up after a few rings.
"Sir Brown, there's something urgent.." I started looking back to see Daniel talking to a little boy.
------------
"Let's eat somewhere?" Daniel suggested.
"That'd be good." I smiled.
"Yeaah!" Grace jumped up and down in excitment.
"I want to go to the dancing school for an hour first to make sure that everythings is in order. There are a few files that should be signed as well."
"Sir Brown won't be there." I dismissed.
"It's still five. We may eat at that restaurant next to it." He shrugged.
"Daniel, we agreed that we will take today off." I insisted.
"Okay, baby. I will just check on few things."
"Tell me what are they and I'll check on them cause I need to use the bathroom anyways." I insisted feeling really nervous, now.
"Okay, you'll use the bathroom while I check on them." He smiled stopping the car.
"Grace, let's go." He smiled helping her out. Shit.
Please God..
"Where's everyone?" He furrowed his brows as we stepped in.
"Maybe they took today off as well." I laughed nervously.
"The door wasn't locked." He shook his head walking towards Sir Brown's office.
"Daniel," I called out following her.
"Is there something wrong?" He frowned when he saw them all sitting in the meeting room looking dead serious.
"Daniel," Sir Brown paused looking at me. "please sit down." He sighed motioning for an empty seat.
"What's wrong?" Daniel repeated.
"We found out that you have a few health problems, so-" Before he could end his sentence, Daniel was on his feet with an angry look on his face.
"I will be the one to perform." He said calmly but dead serious. "I already discussed that with Amber, but I think that she didn't get it. I won't relinquish this role ever."
"You know that you're my kid, and because I love you so much, I will keep you for something better." Sir Brown repeated as tears started to fall from my eyes.
"When I die, get someone else to perform, but thank God I'm not disabled yet!" He yelled walking past me.
"Daniel wait!" I held his arm, but he snatched it away from me.
"Grace, we will leave." He said sternly. "What's wrong?" She squeaked.
"Listen to me, please." I pleaded.
"We will talk later, I can't look at your face right now." He shook his head looking disgusted. "Shame on you." With that, he stepped out dragging Grace behind.
"Amber!" Sophie ran to me holding me up. My knees were loose and I felt like I was going to fall.
"Get a chair!" She yelled, and Ruth pushed a chair under me.
"Amber, stop crying." Sir Brown frowned holding my hand.
"I'll lose him." I sobbed.
"He's just mad. Let him calm down first. I don't want to see those tears, kid." He sighed wiping away my tears. "I can't do anything since I heard that he has got a relapse. I don't know what to do. I am paralyzed." I shook my head.
"Don't worry, Daniel is still young." Ruth rubbed my back.
"I can't live without him. I may sound possessive and obsessive, but just imagining my life without him is just like death."
"Don't say that, Amber. You have to be strong for him, and I know that Daniel is strong enough to get over it easily." Sir Brown frowned.
"Come with us for a bit till you clear your mind, and then Harry will drive you back home." Sophie smiled rubbing my arm.
"Yeah, do that, and we will make another meeting to discuss everything later." Sir Brown nodded wrapping his arms around me.
"I don't like it when I watch my daughters cry." He whispered pecking the top of my head. "If you need anything, just call me and I'll be in front of you." He promised.
"Only God knows how much I love you." I smiled pulling away. "Thank you for staying next to me." I closed my eyes for a second taking a deep breath, "I'll talk with him calmly."
"Angering him will make everything worse, remember that." Ruth sighed.
"I know." I nodded picking up my bag before following Harry out.
------------
Dropping my keys on the counter, I stepped in the living room to find Daniel sitting in the dark while watching the blank wall in front of him.
"Can we talk?" I asked quietly, and he just walked towards the window- away from me.
"Where's Grace?"
"Sleeping." He answered tersly.
"Did you take your eat anything?" I asked quietly taking a few steps in his direction.
"Why did you do that?" He turned around to face me.
"I am sorry." I closed my eyes looking away from him.
"Amber, I hate it when you act like that! You know that you're the one who made me love dancing. It's my whole life, alright?! I can't give up. You were always strong, and you never give up. What's wrong with you?" He whispered making me look at him.
"This time, it's serious." I took a deep breath.
"You know what does that mean? It's like you're telling me that I am disabled- like I am of no use- helpless. It's a nasty feeling." He shook his head.
"You're not helpless, but you may become helpless if you didn't follow the rules."
"Sit here." He motioned for the window seat, and we sat across from each others.
"I don't want to be annoying or anything, but-"
"We'll all die, right?" He cut me off.
"Yeah." I nodded looking out of the window.
"Let me ask you a question, then. If I'll die tomorrow, which one is better: to die after suffering or die while doing the thing that I love the most."
"You're not going to die! I swear that I'll die before you!"
"You can't know that. Plus, I'm talking in general. Which one is better?"
"The second one." I sighed.
"So let's agree that dancing is better for me, and that there's no reason not to perform."
"There's a difference though. Dancing will make everything worse."
"If I am going to die at this moment, I'll die even if I'm sleeping in bed." He smiled getting up and kissing my forehead.
"I won't let anything happen to you." I whispered pecking his lips.
"I love you." He whispered looking into my eyes.
"What are you doing?" Grace's girlish voice cut us off making Daniel nearly groan as he pulled away.
"I was looking at mum's eye wrinkles." He smiled teasing me.
I giggled kicking the side of his leg.
"He's the one who has wrinkles not me." I giggled picking her up.
"You're older than me, sir." I reminded walking to the kitchen while carrying my little girl.
"It doesn't matter." He chuckled.
"Aren't you hungry?" I changed the subject as Grace sat on the counter.
"Yeah," They both agreed.
"What do you want?  Spaghetti or mashed potatoes with meat balls?" I asked.
"Spaghetti!" They both cheered in union.
"Okay," I giggled getting out the integreties.
----------
"Stay with your aunt, and listen to her. If you were good, I'll take you out tomorrow." Daniel promised Grace as we stood on the doorway of Delilah's house.
He said that there's a surprize for me, but I don't know what might it be.
"Okay." Grace nodded.
"Where's my kiss?" I smiled kneeling in front of her, and she pecked my cheek.
"Here." She pointed to the spot she just kissed.
"Love you, baby." I smiled kissing the top of her head.
"Okay, go. Daniel is already waiting in the car." Delilah shooed me off, and I nodded joining him after bidding them goodbye.
"Where are we going?" I asked as he stopped the car on the side of the road.
"Turn around." He instructed, and when I did, I felt him blindfolding me. "Daniel-"
"Shh." He shushed me making me groan. "You'll know in a few minutes."
"Okay." I sighed as the car started moving again.
"We're here. Don't peek." He instructed, and I heard his door being opened then closed then my door was opened, and he held my hand helping me out.
"I will fall like that."
"Trust me for once."
"I trust you." I smiled listening to the familiar sound of the water.
"You can move it, now." He untied the knot, and the blindfold fell of my face providing me with a full view.
"I love that." I smiled sitting on a picnic blanket.
"I wanted to get back the old days." He grinned joining me.
"What did you get?" I smiled peeking in the basket.
"Strawberries and blackberries and chocolate." He shrugged. "We need wine, but let's just have this apple juice." He chuckled handing me a bottle of nectar juice.
"I love this more." I smiled dipping a strawberry in the nutella before pressing it against his lips.
"It's like heaven." He smiled enjoying the savouring taste.
"Yeah," I agreed lying down.
"Look at the stars." He lied down with his face right next to mine, but his body is in the opposite direction.
"Beautiful." I smiled moving my head to the side.
"You're more beautiful." He whispered lying on his side and caressing my cheek. "Remember what we did the first time we came here together?"
"You told me that you loved me for the first time." I smiled remembering that day like it was yesterday.
"And then we fell in that lake." He continued.
"Let's do it again!" I suggested standing up.
"You got me!"
"We have no swimming suits."
"Our underwears are enough." He chuckled.
"You're kidding." I laughed lightly.
"If we will be crazy, then let's do it right." He shrugged already strepping.
"What if someone saw us?"
"No one comes here." He shook his head, and I started stripping to my undergarments.
"Oh, yes!" He chuckled throwing me over his shoulder.
"No, Daniel!" I kept repeating, and finally he threw me into the water.
I gasped at the cold water before standing on the sand underneath.
"You're an asshole!" I giggled splashing water at him.
"You love me though!" He laughed loudly.
"I love you though." I agreed wrapping my arms around him.
I love him though. No matter what. I will always love him.
------------