19: Beleaguering Hearts (part II)

Chapter Nineteen - II
Beleaguering Hearts

According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, the word BELEAGUER means... to cause constant or repeated trouble for (a person, business, etc.)

| FREYA's POV |

Sean never looked so disappointed at me ever before. Even though I act up every single day, throwing mean things to people, doing shtty things in life, he will always just be there and comfort me, so I can forgive myself and everyone else. But today, he said things as if he didn't see me at my worst.

After he disappeared at my sight, my mind suddenly travelled back in time...

A flashback around July...

Today is the day of the pledging ceremony of Chelsea as a new member of our sorority, Belreign Alpha, and to House Beleaguer. I picked her up in front of the Senior high campus with my car. Of course I have a driver with me coz I still don't have a license.

"Which part of 'dress like an elite' did you not understand?" Taas kilay kong tanong kay Newbie girl pagbaba ko ng car window ko. I looked at her from head to toe. I clearly informed her to dress fancy! And she's here, wearing a skirt and a simple top.

"Hi! I uhm... forgot that we have a dress code." She awkwardly chuckled. I just rolled my eyes and opened the door. I moved inches away from her disgusting outfit while she greeted my driver a good morning.

"You're gonna be screwed later." I told her just to scare her a bit.

"Why?" She looks curious rather than scared.

"I hate to spoil things to you, but one of our tradition is to dress fancy during pledging day and we're gonna burn your most priced possession later." I smirked. She just looked at me confusedly so I rolled my eyes again.

"Argh! Don't talk to me." I told her and she just nodded.

Madami kaming nadaanan na ibang Houses on our way to Beleaguer House mansion. Nakita ko kung gaano namangha itong si Newbie, psh, loser.

"Woah! This mansion is so huge." I looked at her who's currently gazing in awe because of the mansion in front of us.

"That's Beleaguer House." I'm also always amused by this mansion every time I go here. I don't know much about architecture, but Bel mansion was designed as if it was from renaissance era. It has a dome shaped roofings, a staircase before the main door/entrance, a fountain, a circle driveway, a highly maintained garden, and many other more features. 

"Grabe! Sa lahat ng nadaanan nating House, ito pinakamaganda." Kumento niya. It felt like a compliment to me too, coz I'm a loyal Beleaguer, and I'm proud of our mansion.

After the newbie admired the aesthetics of the front view of Beleaguer House mansion, I guided her inside for her to see the wooden floors, ceramics figures, chandeliers, lamps on walls, and all the other dark academia vibes of the interior design.

"Why is our House called Beleaguer?" Nang tanungin niya ito ay huminto ako sa pagstep sa wooden floor with elegant carpet, then I looked at her behind me.

"Follow me, I'll show you something." Tumango ito at sinundan ako papunta sa center room ng mansion.

We headed straight to the Room of Bels. This is a room full of portraits of the previous and current Beleaguer House leaders. Their photos are painted, and the frames are gold and vintage themed. We went to the 5th photo before the end. Chelsea looked at the golden sculpted name under the  portrait.